Stanley Black and Decker Collection Manager in Westerville, Ohio
Stanley Black & Decker Corporation (SBD) is the largest tool manufacturer in the world. As part of SBD, Mac Tools is one of the world’s most recognized and trusted brands in the professional automotive tool industry. From hand tools, power tools, electronics, tool boxes and specialty items; Mac Tools offers a full range of products. Mac Tools defines quality, selection and value for professional technicians and the network of mobile tool Franchisees by offering professional tools, innovative solutions and providing world-class support to ensure their success. At Mac Tools, we strive to be Great To Work WithTM.
What do you envision for your future? At Stanley Black & Decker, our vision is for Mac Tools to be the brand of choice for technicians working in the vehicle repair industry and to be the Franchise of choice for entrepreneurs looking to purchase a business to “Be Their Own Boss”. As part of SBD’s Global Tools & Storage business, we have set a course to take significant market share by bringing the strength of the world’s largest tool company and our stable of brands to provide best in class products, innovation and productivity solutions.
We believe we can make this happen and we would like you to be a part of our mission. As a global leader, Stanley Black & Decker can bring together the best in science, technology, business and human resources to continue to grow and succeed in our market.
_Position Summary: _The Collections Manager will be responsible for minimizing the company’s financial losses by researching, developing and implementing collection procedures that reduce the amount of delinquency for direct sales portfolio’s and terminated franchisee receivables. This Collections Manager will address customer accounts and execute various tactics, such as payment plans to save the company money.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide leadership through developing and training employees
- Manage team by hiring/on-boarding and performance management
Observe and review employee interactions with customers to ensure all policies and regulations are being adhered to by their staff
Create and deliver regular reporting of the collections department’s progress and statics
- Present to management and their department on a weekly and monthly basis to highlight trends or achievements
- Minimize the company’s financial losses
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Degree in Business or related field, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years recent collections experience with First Party and Third Party collections
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Excellent customer service skills and experience leadership skills
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Strong mathematical skills preferred
- Knowledge of State and Federal Collection Laws
- Knowledge of high volume collections, credit authorization, and billing procedures
- Effective at performing detail oriented tasks
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to manage across functions at various levels.
- Self-motivated individual with the desire to succeed and motivate others
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
Requisition Number: 52560BR
Business: US - GTS - Hand Tools Accessories and Storage (HTAS)