GlaxoSmithKline Product Owner in United States
Open date:Mar 29, 2018 2:26 AM
Malaysia - Ulu Kelang
Required degrees:Not Indicated
Email a friend
Your Responsibilities:The principle purpose of the role is to ‘own’ and provide technical leadership for a product or product family at a local (site) and/or global (across all sites where the product is manufactured) level and to ensure that the product is delivered through manufacturing to the highest levels of quality and robustness.
• The Product Owner is recognized as the principal point of contact (‘go to’ person) for all aspects of current and previous knowledge and performance of their product(s)
• The Product Owner maintains GSK’s knowledge of both the current status and history of the product(s) for which he/she is accountable at site level and shares that knowledge globally as appropriate
• The Product Owner ensures that all aspects of Product Quality Lifecycle management are in place and are actively maintained (Control Strategy, Technical Risk Assessments, Continuous Process Validation) and ensures that risks and mitigation plans are in place and agreed with the Site/Regional Quality Councils
• The Product Owner is expected to provide leadership and establish key partnerships across Operations, Technical, Quality and Engineering for the product(s) for which he/she is accountable.
• A site based Product Owner may be responsible for a single product or multiple products dependent upon the complexity of the product(s) and the experience/capability of the incumbent
• At sites where Process Engineer/Platform Expert roles exist, the job holder may hold such a role in addition to the Platform Owner role, dependent on the complexity of the product(s)/portfolio and the experience/capability of the incumbent
• The Product Owner may lead others, such as Technologist roles at Site
• The selection and appointment of a Product Owner is a joint accountability of the Site and the Technical Centre of Excellence and the Product Owner maintains a matrix reporting relationship to the Technical CoE through regional representative
• Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy, Chemical Engineering or equavalent.
• Previous experience in pharmaceutical industry or medical devices industry will be an added advantage
• Solid experience and knowledge in “Oral Solid Dosage”.
• Strong knowledge of pharmaceutical or medical industry technical practises.
• Strong skills in strategic planning, analytical thinking, conflict management and communication
• Good at problem solving, and team-working
• Fluent in English language is a must
Why GSK?:At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world’s leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
GSK Global Manufacturing & Supply - GSK’s Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) plant produces leading consumer brands, services 13 global markets including Australia and New Zealand and is a leader in Good Manufacturing Practice and ‘Premise/Factory of Choice” for industrial excellence in the region
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ AgenciesGSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.