Quest Diagnostics Nurse, Health Screener in United States
Nurse, Health Screener
The primary responsibility of the Health Screener is to provide coverage in the field ensuring that health screenings are completed accurately and on time. Maintain a safe and professional environment for clients and employees; perform with confidence all aspects of a health screening, including specimen collection and processing duties following established practices and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform biometric screening at client sites including finger stick blood collection, BMI, Blood Pressure and other health screening services based on service package
· Performs basic waived testing technical procedures on blood samples and completes required quality control.
· Provide exceptional customer service at all health screenings.
· Maintains accurate, complete, and legible records.
· Participates in training/retraining and continuing education programs as necessary.
· Complies with all designated safety policies and procedures in the work area, including the use of applicable protective equipment when necessary to prevent exposure to potentially infectious agents.
· Understands and complies with applicable federal, state and local laws. Adheres to quality assurance procedures and good manufacturing practices.
· Maintain all HIPAA and OSHA standards while on events.
· Performs other related duties as necessary.
Supervision Exercised: N/A
Formal medical education including current appropriate medical certification (RN, BSN, NP)
Current nursing license
Additional medical certification / licensure as required by state / regulatory requirements.
At least 1 year of healthcare experience in a professional setting.
·Proficient with finger sticks, venipuncture and manual blood pressure.
·Ability to understand and perform complex procedures and techniques and work with complex instrumentation (Cholestech and/ or Cardio Check experience preferred).
·Skills required for proper specimen and reagent handling, labeling, processing, preparation, transportation and storage necessary.
·Must be knowledgeable of required regulations and comply with them.
·Excellent customer service internally and externally.
·Possess good written and verbal communication skills.
·Ability to read, understand and follow detailed procedures.
·Basic computer skills necessary including access to internet / email.
·Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
·Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Outlook, and Excel.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
·Lift light to moderately heavy objects. The normal performance of duties may require lifting and carrying objects. Objects in the weight range of 1 to 15 pounds are lifted and carried frequently; objects in the weight range of 16 to 40 pounds may be lifted and carried occasionally. Objects exceeding 41 pounds are not to be lifted or carried without assistance.
·Requires use of phone and PC.
·Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness.
·Handling stress & emotions,
·Concentrating on tasks
·Adjusting to change,
·Sitting or standing for long periods at a time
·Position requires travel.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
· Perform job duties with frequent interruptions or distractions
· Adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
· Ability to interact professionally with colleagues and/or customers for different purposes in different contexts.
· Maintain composure under pressure
· Performs a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another
· Ability to comprehend and follow verbal or written instructions
· Using effective verbal communication
· Using effective written communication
· Concentrate on tasks
· Ability to making decisions
· Examine/observe details
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity