GlaxoSmithKline Manager, Threat Defence Infrastructure in United States
Manager, Threat Defence Infrastructure
Open date:Jul 13, 2018 11:23 AM
Poland - woj. wielkopolskie
Required degrees:Not Indicated
Email a friend
Your Responsibilities:We are a team of IT experts, who provide excellent services for GSK sites worldwide on a daily basis. As a part of a global healthcare company, we work in a multinational environment, support around 100 000 GSK employees and over 20 000 systems in the entire company. At present, at our office in Poznan, we employ about 700 highly-skilled professionals.
Main business areas supported by GSK IT are: Cyber security, Research & Development, CRM applications, Mobile Applications, drug production monitoring
The Threat Defence function within Cyber Security Operations provides global services and capabilities to ensure:
• Identity – to assure with confidence access to information is only given to the right people
• Access to information and resources – actively control who can use our information and resources
• Protection of GSK business and information – irrespective of location, limit the damage to GSK when things go wrong
• Optimised Security Services - use a set of robust and integrated foundation security services
• Governance, Analysis and Reporting – to know how well the controls work and plan improvements
The infrastructure analyst role is to provide support and development of solutions for the Threat Defence team. This role will focus on monitoring of system availability, capacity, expansion, deployment and overall support of systems within the remit of the groups and will include detailed investigations to determine incident root cause and recommend new mitigations to prevent future occurrences.
The key responsibilities associated with this position include:
• Manage the Threat Defence Infrastructure staff, including objectives and development plans.
• Responsible for the support of all IT Security Threat Defence infrastructure technologies. Participate in the technical design and implementation of strategies for all activities related to Threat Defence and IT security projects.
• Provide 1ST/2ND level support for TD technologies. Investigate, resolve and eliminate root cause for complex infrastructure problems.
• Work with 3rd party vendors for support of infrastructure solutions.
• Investigate, identify and eradicate root cause of technical problems that are impacting TD technologies.
• Suggest changes to security controls/configurations as needed to adapt to the changing threat landscape.
• Actively contribute to information security projects and initiatives.
• Communicate and manage relationships and with end users, IT service providers (both internal and external), and business unit and IT management.
• Take ownership of service improvement projects (both technical and procedural).
• Must be available to manage and provide 24x7 on call support for the infrastructure staff.
This is a global role with responsibilities for services, capabilities and projects related to the GSK IT’s overall information protection strategy.
• Act as member of the Threat Defence leadership team and participate in all LT activities.
• Proactively communicate to all stakeholders any technical issues, operational implications and decisions so that clarity, understanding and sponsorship is maintained.
• Proactively understand GSK IT infrastructure and architecture.
• Evaluate impact of new technology and develop processes, procedures and training plans for implementing within GSK in order to have the required business impact.
• Required to work both at a technical level, with the networks, systems and applications teams, and at a business level, with key stakeholders, owners and processors of information
• Focus on results. Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Collaborate effectively across boundaries within IT and the business
• Operate in a highly matrixed environment
• Establish strong working relationships and practices with clear accountability for delivery
• Drive the Threat Defence infrastructure deployment schedule within assigned budgets and timescales
• Work effectively within and with matrixed teams
Basic qualifications:• Knowledge and understanding of information security risks, preventative measures, incident/threat management and infrastructure technologies.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Professional, moral attitude that builds strong working relationships with team members and customers. Ability to collaborate effectively across organizational boundaries.
• Ability to mentor infrastructure team members, share knowledge, and adapt quickly.
Preferred qualifications:See Basic Qualifications.
Why GSK?:GSK is deeply committed to professional and personal development offering employment opportunities across a diverse collection of businesses and geographies. So you’ll flourish in an inspiring environment where personal growth plays a vital part in the changing face of the business. Most of all, you’ll enjoy the sense of purpose that comes from leading change in an industry that touches millions every day.
Thank you very much for your interest in development opportunities with GlaxoSmithKline.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ AgenciesGSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.