National Oilwell Varco Loader Operator in United States
Title: Loader Operator Location: null Other Locations: null
The Loader Operator is responsible for using the loaders/forklifts and other equipment provided to load, offload, move and store customer inventory.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Operating industrial equipment such as forklifts, winches and other devices to load and unload materials such as pipe onto and off of trucks, railway cars and storage areas
• Operating industrial equipment to transport materials to and from transportation vehicles and loading docks to store and retrieve materials from yard storage
• Under the direction and supervision of the District Manager, will maintain storage racks and storage areas
• Moving pipe throughout the inspection and repair processes, assist in the maintenance of the pipe yard, and assist in the construction of pipe racks
• Assist in inventory functions as required, include but not limited to tallying joints of pipe
• Responsible for monitoring equipment, performing regular equipment checks and notifying District Manager when equipment is due for scheduled maintenance or requires repairs.
• Responsible to follow all applicable company and corporate policies, guiding principles, procedures and programs; including but not limited to the process map, support processes, health, safety and environmental requirements
• Participate in training programs as required by the company
• All other duties as assigned
• Partial high school education with the ability to read, write and speak a minimum amount of English to perform job duties
• Candidates possessing a valid Wheeled Loader ticket is an asset
• Prior experience handling pipe is beneficial in this role
• Prior experience operating heavy equipment and/or machinery is an asset
• Preference will be given to candidates who have knowledge of tubing, casing, and drill pipe
• Yard environment and working outdoors. Possibility to be exposed to dust, fumes, or gases and changes of temperature/humidity
• Physical requirements: squatting, lifting above 23 kilograms, reaching, twisting, ladder work, climbing, walking on rough ground, and working near moving equipment
• Required to at all times wear proper protective clothing and equipment and perform duties in a safe manner
With over 40 various locations in Canada, and 30,000 people worldwide, NOV is proud to offer their employees competitive pay and excellent benefits, including a company matching contribution RRSP, Health Spending account, and employer paid premiums. We are also proud to provide on the job training, with potential for advancement within our organization, and an Educational Assistance Program.
Preferred method of application and to view all current openings: https://www.nov.com/Careers