Aon Corporation Senior Business Analyst, Incubation (Code: SGP2067) in Singapore
About ACIA Singapore
Aon’s Centers for Innovation and Analytics in Dublin and Singapore are the cornerstone of Aon’s $350M global investment in analytics. The ACIAs deliver data-driven insights to clients by leveraging our unmatched data capabilities across both risk and people solutions. Established in 2012, there are over 100 colleagues employed by ACIA Singapore today, with rapid growth planned over the next few years. The team currently includes actuaries, computer programmers, data scientists, financial analysts and accountants. Through their concerted effort the ACIAs build best in class analytic insights and capabilities to better serve clients and colleagues globally.
The key to any new innovation starts with incubating an idea. This role is part of a team which is pivotal for us to be able to incubate new ideas and create possibilities for Aon as a firm to grow and deliver to our clients. The Innovation Center is growing rapidly, with new ideas constantly forming. We are looking for dedicated individuals to brainstorm exciting and new strategic opportunities, and quickly build working prototypes to transform those ideas into reality.
- Conduct exploratory workshops/meetings with internal stakeholders so as to find data analytics opportunities and their value to the firm.
- Brainstorm ideas with teams of experienced analysts, developers and business experts to implement opportunities as they are discovered
- Apply statistical and machine learning techniques to data sets to identify statistical relationships present in large and complex sets of data. Perform descriptive analytics and build compelling predictive and prescriptive models.
- Aggregate, combine, normalize and cleanse data from a variety of public and proprietary data sources
- Perform data exploration and analysis on data sets to develop and test working hypotheses and generate commercial insight
- Go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to the problem and assist/advise management on the most appropriate statistical methods to apply to a given problem
- Provide support in communication of modeling results to business leaders and in designing retention strategies
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical field (Finance, Statistics, Business Analysis, Computer Science, or related field)
- Minimum of 5-7 years' work experience working in an analytical or finance environment
- Strong Python/R, SQL, and Excel skills (including experience of database development, statistical software)
- Prior consulting experience is desirable
- Demonstrable experience in design thinking or related facilitation experience is advantageous
- Exposure/ Experience working on Blockchain will be an added bonus but not required
- Familiarity with insurance, broking and financial concepts, as well as an entrepreneurial spirit would be advantageous
- Track-record of independent learning, time management and problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to develop and communicate creative solutions to technical problems
20 Feb 2018
Job number: SGP2067