ASML Customer Support - Start-up Equipment Engineer DUV in Veldhoven, Netherlands
The sector Customer Support is responsible for the maintenance of ASML systems at customer locations. This involves transferring all relevant knowledge to support the customer in the use of these systems in their production process. CS Central takes care that effective local support of the customer by the worldwide service organization is possible by providing knowledge, technical support and engineering work at the customer site. The Start-up Equipment Support Team supports the field offices and customers through the challenging new product introduction phase of a product or upgrade package.
Your mission is to acquire and maintain system generalist knowledge of the ASML systems, develop a large support network in Veldhoven and demonstrate strong organizational and coordination skills during product introductions. The ultimate goal is to drive the maturity of the released products to meet the customer committed performance and cycle time requirements.
As an ASML Start-up Engineer you will provide introduction support for new ASML systems and upgrades and help ensure they are installed on-time. A holistic knowledge of ASML products is enhanced by your on-going working relationships with a broad range of specialists that will enable you to successfully introduce new products into the field. Through the use of regular status reports you will highlight the people you need and the assistance they can provide. Your close proximity with the field also makes you the ideal source for fresh ideas in new product development. This gives you excellent opportunities to provide requirements for future developments and new product designs.
- Supporting on-site introduction of new model machines and/or new platforms to our local customer service team and customer engineers
- Managing system upgrades for new and existing ASML systems
- Mature the product by driving the cycle time and performance specifications
- Transferring knowledge of new products or platforms to enable local engineers to sustain the new product by themselves
- Keep up to date on the latest technologies by maintaining a network of specialists within the ASML community
- Prevent issues from re-occurring by driving a structured issue resolution process
- Taking part in availability / reliability projects to help identify improvements in failure sensitivity and maintainability, and then ensuring that these improvements are implemented in new and existing products
- FMEA/upgrade alpha test prep and support, upgrade beta test prep and validation
Bachelor degree in Electrical Technology, Mechatronics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Computer Science.
Engineer with experience in a support department for high-tech products. Generalist level equipment knowledge of ASML DUV systems is desired. Preferably 3-5 years relevant working experience.
- Ability to prioritize activities and co-ordinate a broad range of specialists
- Ability to motivate and convince others at all levels of the organization
- Strong technical background and a drive towards solutions
- Strong analytical skills
- Customer focus
- Stress tolerant
- Good communication skills (multi-cultural and towards different levels)
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills
Context of the position
In this position you report to the group-lead of the CS NPI DUV Start-up Equipment Support team.
This job will require that you work at customer sites across the globe for approx. 30 to 40% of the year. This includes international travel to Asia, the US and within Europe for uninterrupted periods of up to six weeks. A clean driver’s license is required.
Location: Veldhoven, Netherlands
Experience: 2-5 Professional
Available since: 2/19/2018
Functional area: Customer Support
Background: Optics, Physics, Mechatronics