Brinks Cust Service Rep - 580 Window in th Ave, New York
Cust Service Rep - 580 Window
Requisition #:22901Location:580 5th Ave NY US-Global Svcs - B0242
Functional Area:Customer SupportEducation Required:None
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Experience Required:1 - 3 Years
Brink’s Global Services is a division of Brink’s Inc, the world’s premier provider of secure logistics and security solutions in more than 122 countries across 5 continents. Brink’s Global Services specializes in the secure transportation and handling of valuable goods throughout the logistic value chain, from raw materials and components to finished products within the mining, banknote, precious metal, jewellery, security, art and pharmaceutical industries The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Customer Service Rep I to work at our Window Operations in NYC in the heart of the NY Jewelry and Diamond district.
Under the direction of the department manager, this position will assist Air Courier customers with general information tracking shipments (international and domestic), and assist in ensuring appropriate clearance and routing of parcels, as needed. The selected candidate will process packages and payments for deliveries and ensure that all data input work relating to transportation, clearance, import, export, and routing of parcels is accomplished and invoiced promptly, accurately and in accordance with proper procedures. This position functions in an armed environment and requires the enforcement of rules to protect the premises and property of Brink's and its customers, as well as the safety of persons on the premises of Brink's and its customers.
• Handle in person and via telephone inquiries regarding established pricing for regular shipping lanes.
• Answer inquiries regarding services and specialized services for the assigned business segment and assist all customers with general inquiries regarding BGS business products.
• Enter and update data relative to shipments into computer database.
• Ensure that appropriate documentation is received from broker and is properly documented and filed.
• Handle service complaints diplomatically, on time and with urgency, channeling complaint to appropriate department personnel.
• Assist in developing and quoting prices to customers for services; make sure rates in BITS are correct, and that the billing is accurate & timely.
• Maintain/submit special logs, reports and records as requested, including a Monthly Update to the CSR Manager.
• Focus on documentation compliance required for all international moves, including commercial invoices, special customs paperwork, etc.
• Ensure the proper flow of electronic and other communications to/from affiliates, customs brokers and clients.
• Ensure all transportation arrangements are made with full consideration of securityimplications, within the General security regulations (GSR) and Global Services Operations Manual
• Assist other members of the department, as needed, in order to ensure that arrangements are made for the proper transportation, clearance, import, export, and routing of parcels.
• Work closely with Sales and Sales Support to ensure that all Customer agreements and service charges are accurate and where necessary report and liaise with Operations group to ensure the same.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Customer Service with a concentration in logistics & supply chain or related field or internal BGS experience of a similar nature.
• Minimum of 3 year of experience using MS Office and Windows applications
• A valid firearms permit or ability to pass applicable firearms licensing requirements if required.
• A valid guard card or ability to obtain a guard card or any other required licenses.
• Must be 21 years or older
• Able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds when necessary
• Excellent computer skills to include Microsoft Office applications
• Demonstrated record of achievement as a self-starter and team-player
• Excellent detail orientation and follow-up skills
• Ability to speak/understand Hebrew
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Professional, positive demeanor.
• Excellent customer service.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills as well as working collaboratively with others
• Customer focused and able to multi task in a fast paced environment.
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s Global Services. Brink’s provides an outstanding total compensation package for this position. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer to eligible employee’s medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans. We also offer a 401(k) Plan. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s Global Services USA, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top