Aguirre & Fields, LP Transportation Project Engineer in Sugar Land, Texas
Aguirre & Fields is seeking a Transportation Project Engineer to join our Transportation Group in Sugar Land. Aguirre & Fields has offices in Sugar Land, Austin, Fort Worth and Oklahoma City specializing in civil, structural and construction engineering & inspection services for transportation and land development projects, including highways, bridges, water and wastewater structures, and individual infrastructure sites. The Transportation Project Engineer provides engineering expertise to plan, design, and deliver PS&E; for TxDOT and Municipal transportation projects in Texas. Will apply knowledge of principles and practices in roadway design and associated civil engineering disciplines. Serves as an example of the Company’s Character Qualities at all times.
- Supervises project production based on individual project timelines and assigned priorities.
- Identifies needs for equipment, training and other resources to efficiently and effectively meet production requirements.
- Assist Project Manager with the synchronization of work and support other disciplines.
- Acquires and applies general knowledge of principles and practices of related fields in order to function on multidisciplinary teams.
- Assists PM with project duties.
- Serves as a secondary point of contact for project coordination and information exchange (Always copy/inform PM).
- Receives general direction on key objectives to design a complete project, system, component or process and prepares completed project documents in accordance with contract documents and schedule.
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to assigned projects, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications.
- Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of the engineering work necessary to complete primary project design elements to include project schedule, finances and projections.
- Assigns tasks to technical and administrative staff.
- Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments.
- Works on multiple projects of moderate size or portion of major projects.
- Receives guidance when necessary on unconventional or complex problems, direction on modified techniques and new approached on assignments with conflicting criteria.
- Assist with the preparation of scopes, budgets and schedules for assignments as directed.
- Assists with proposals to provide professional services or obtain funding for engineering projects or programs.
- Provides technical advice and or assistance as needed to project staff or discipline as needed.
- Assists with client relationship management and business development in office location as identified in the business development plan priorities or as directed.
- Interacts with clients, officials, contractors and others as directed.
- Support and maintain the morale, welfare, professional development, training and work-life balance of all assigned staff utilizing the Company’s Character Qualities.
- Priorities are project discipline production, and special initiatives as directed
- Reviews job descriptions and updates as appropriate.
- Complies with all Company policies, procedures, practices, rules.
- Serves as an example of proper conduct per Company Character Qualities.
- Performs the primary thinking encompassed by this job description.
- Assumes other duties as directed by Project Managers and Office Discipline Lead.
Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent from an ABET/EAC accredited program.
6 or more years of civil engineering experience.
Registered Professional Engineer.
Software knowledge (MicroStation, Open Roads/GeoPak, HEC-RAS, P6/Microsoft Project, SignCADD).
Signal design experience is preferred.
An Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled
Location: Sugar Land, TX