Express Scripts Sr. Director, Core Infrastructure Technical Product Owner in St. Louis, Missouri
The Sr. Director, Technical Product, Pharmacy Technology, Corporate Systems and Employee & User Experience will be responsible for multiple technical domain strategies, roadmaps and total cost of ownership within their technical product organization and execution timeline. In addition, they will need to leverage their relationships to lay out high level project prioritization with multiple business portfolio and software engineering leaders. This leader will set goals and metrics for their org and make recommendations around data-driven actions necessary to improve team output, quality and value delivery.
- In partnership with Sr. Leadership and Business Product Owners develops product vision and strategic roadmap to allow introduction of new product features, improve reliability and sustainability of technical product and meet customer needs to enable ESI to stay competitive in the marketplace.
- In conjunction with the business and user experience develops the strategy and tactics used to drive awareness, trial, and adoption and repeat usage of new offerings.
- Partner with other Tech Product Sr. Directors to map out integrated roadmaps across various technology stacks
- Lead agile teams to build and then manage new features and capabilities while delivering desired impact on financial scale
- Responsible for measuring value delivered of projects (when feasible) and total cost of ownership for responsibility area by ensuring systems and processes are in place to manage technical product feedback from users
- Align on project priorities with business stakeholders and technology teams; communicate to tech product domain teams for responsibility area; ensures that the organization has the appropriate resources
- Systematically evaluates the systems and process and drives new ways of thinking across groups to improve quality, productivity and responsiveness to feedback and changing priorities
- Establish goals with Tech Product leadership that incent and drive value added roadmap delivery
- Provide thought leadership to Program Governance activities such as prioritization and negotiating with key stakeholders on backlog priority
- Finds opportunities for collaboration across groups in the division, ensures that cross-team commitments are set, and achieves scale in work efforts by enabling the work of others.
- Direct or indirect people leadership of 30+ FTEs and Contractors across technical product stack for responsibility area
- Ensures the right people with the right knowledge and expertise are involved in decisions.
- Lead, develop, grow and deliver solutions through a team of Technical Product Owners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business or related field or equivalent work experience
- 12 – 16 years relevant experience or Master’s degree and 10 - 14 years of experience
- Previous coding experience preferred but not necessary
- Experience working in technology or in close engagement on component preferred
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies preferred
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field
- Knowledge of user experience and technical design essential
- Proven skill to plan and think both strategically and analytically
- Proven skill at balancing technical knowledge with business possibility and acumen
- High degree of comfort in fast-paced dynamic / ambiguous environment
- Established and good-standing relationships with business portfolio and technology leaders
- Ability to work cross functionally with Compliance, and IRM
- Passionate member advocate with ability to identify and meet customer needs within agile framework
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Technology - Architecture
At the forefront of our technology solutions, Architecture is responsible for crafting and driving our technology framework strategy, and works hand in hand with technology and business leaders to develop and evolve the architecture. Helping bring innovative ideas to life, the team is relied upon to help navigate the complexities involved with continually evolving platforms in the healthcare space. If you’re a hands-on architect who thrives in a fast-paced development environment, look no further.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.