SSM Health Charge Nurse - ICU in St. Charles, Missouri
Fulfill your calling at SSM Health.
At SSM Health we know that being a nurse is more than a career, it is a calling. As an SSM Health nurse, you have responsibility to carry on a ministry our founding Sisters set forth more than 144 years ago by offering hope and healing to our patients and when you join our team, our sacred ministry is in your hands. Each one of us brings a special gift to our Mission, what will yours be?
Employees tell us that the environment at SSM Health St. Joseph St. Charlesfeels more like a family. Employees are warm and friendly, they enjoy each other’s company, they care for one another and they share a passion for delivering exceptional patient care!
Join our exceptional team!
The Clinical Nurse Support drives progress toward best care and best results through coaching and mentoring of staff and advocating for best practices.
- Contributes to the exceptional patient experience through facilitating smooth transitions through the patient care process, assuring active collaboration of the entire care team.
- Assures the active involvement of patients and their families throughout the process.
- Drives physician partnership by encouraging collaboration and relationship building between physicians and clinical care staff. Promotes exceptional employee commitment by mentoring, coaching and staff development; making assignments with the developmental needs of staff in mind.
- Facilitates the respectful and responsible utilization of resources, while safely optimizing efficiency and productivity.
- Advocates for best care/best results in all team interactions, making assignments, providing coaching/mentoring, encouraging team communication and problem solving where necessary.
- Contributes to the overall employee experience by encouraging, promoting and facilitating communication, projects, celebration and recognition both within and between groups.
- Exhibits the following behaviors: proactively identify and resolve issues that arise in the department; display a positive and supportive attitude towards SSM and our organizational goals; model professional conduct related to a leadership role (eg. attendance; recognizing professional boundaries).
*Minimum Qualifications: *
- State of MO RN License
- 1-3 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital - St. Charles is a 433-bed hospital offering highly-specialized care for critically ill patients. The hospital excels in many areas, including open-heart surgery, cardiac catheterizations, trauma and emergency services, sleep medicine, obstetrics, surgical services, oncology, vascular surgery, orthopedics and gastroenterology.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
Req ID: 18000421
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Charles-SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles
SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles (0002) 300 First Capitol Drive St. Charles, 63301
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 63301
Call Rotation: Part Time (Benefit Eligible)
Normal work hours: Nursing
Job: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles
Organization: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles
Weekend Rotation: 7p-7a
Work Locations: SSM Health St. Joseph Hospital – St. Charles (0002) 300 First Capitol Drive St. Charles, 63301