Comcast Supervisor, Network Maintenance in San Francisco, California
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for supervising and coordinating the daily activities of the Network Maintenance Technicians who perform tasks in the same function. Sets priorities for the team, assigns tasks, and checks work performance at regular intervals. Establishes and implements procedures, performance standards, and best practices. Develops and trains staff. Resolves customer inquiries in an organized and timely fashion.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
- Selects and provides training and direction to Network Maintenance Technicians on all maintenance activities, proper work methods, quality standards, and equipment.
- Supervises the daily schedule and delegates responsibilities.
- Monitors work production and quality, ensuring that all repairs meet required specifications and that all safety and Company procedures are followed.
- Reviews FCC technical requirement and maintains records accordingly. Performs all FCC-related field testing; maintains network at or better than design specifications.
- Enforces performance standards and guidelines for Field Operations. Implements/monitors ongoing work safety programs in compliance with OSHA standards.
- Coordinates and participates in work performance reviews along with providing ongoing open communication with the team.
- Analyzes operations and performances to assure operational efficiencies through productivity, quality control, customer satisfaction, and trouble calls on installs.
- Coordinates vehicle preventative and corrective maintenance.
- Resolves customer complaints in a timely and professional manner.
- Orders supplies and equipment and keeps accurate records.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Associates Degree or Equivalent preferred
- Generally requires 4-7 years related experience
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to perform the duties of a Network CommTech
- Must have 4-7 years Cable TV Technical and/or Network field experience in a Cable TV environment
- Must possess proven customer service skills, understanding of FCC Part 76.605 and knowledge of cable television products and services.
- Must have knowledge of Basic Data Transmission Networking.
- Must have and maintain a Valid California Drivers License and satisfactory driving record.
- Must possess strong organization and project management skills.
- Must have knowledge of Proof of Performance testing procedures.
- Must have budgeting and Profit/Loss experience.
- Must be able to coach, supervise and train others.
- Strong team motivator, with previous "lead" experience is preferred
- Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing in a clear and straight-forward manner.
- Must be able to use personal computer and software applications and general knowledge of computer hardware architectures.
- Must be able to work overtime as necessary
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 70lbs
- Must work and travel outside in inclement weather
- Must work near power lines and electricity
- Must work and climb on poles, roofs, ladders and/or bucket trucks in high elevations
- Must be able to frequently walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to use of standard office equipment, tools and materials
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer