Salesforce.com, Inc Senior Systems Security Engineer in San Francisco, California
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Job DetailsSalesforce is looking to add to our expanding infrastructure security team. To join this team, you'll need to have a passion for security, and love hands-on systems administration/automation. As a Senior Systems Security Engineer, you understand Unix/Linux or similar systems, have confidence in general networking knowledge, and have an interest in growing as a cybersecurity professional.
As a key member of our team, the Senior Systems Security Engineer will work on the 'front lines' of the Salesforce production environment, the largest SaaS platform on the planet, protecting our critical infrastructure and proactively defending our customers' data. The Sr. Systems Security Engineer is responsible for enhancing the security of our production systems, developing the tools to help us maintain and report on our security posture, ensuring that we maintain our external security certifications, and deploying and maintaining the security systems in our production data centers.
- Management/Review of systems host security configurations
- System vulnerability assessments and remediation, including the assessment/deployment of vendor security updates
- Support ongoing and new security/compliance initiatives
- Security incident response in coordination with other teams across the company and/or externally as required
- Deploy and manage system security, remote access, and identity access management & authentication systems, privilege access management systems.
- Design and development of tools to automate security or security reporting tasks
- Demonstrated understanding of general Unix/Linux systems administration (Or similar, e.g. Ubuntu, Solaris, etc.)
- Knowledge of host-based security
- Working knowledge of standard Unix infrastructure tools/protocols. (DHCP, DNS, NTP, SYSLOG, SSH, IPSec etc.)
- Familiarity with OSI model.
- Basic cross-functional understanding of network engineering concepts and protocols (e.g., TCP, UDP, SSL, VLAN, etc.)
- Experience with production and customer-facing data center environments
- Experience with writing scripts and automation (Python, Perl, C, Shell etc)
- Familiarity with Linux authentication and authorization methodologies, such as Kerberos, LDAP, NIS, Sudo, 2FA etc.
- Knowledge of HSMs, PKI and Key Management work, such as having created CSR's, managing certificates, understanding of PKI and key management infrastructure, etc.
- Configuration management with open-source tools, such as puppet, chef, salt, or ansible
- Experience with Public Cloud platforms such as AWS, GPC etc.
- Host-based firewall security experience (access control list (ACL) management., secure remote management practices, IDS, etc
- Experience undergoing audit and implementing new controls standards including FedRamp, DOD SRG, PCI, SOC, ISO
- Host-based security to include HIDS/HIPS, system auditing frameworks, etc.
- Working in high-availability, 24x7x365 large-scale multi-data center environment
- TACACS+, RADIUS, multi factor authentication systems (SecurID, YubiKey, etc.)
- Cloud Infrastructure Experience SaaS
- Securing multi-tiered applications
- Strong communication skills
- Security based credentials highly desired (SSCP, GIAC GCUX, GSEC, GCED,GCIH,GCIA, etc)
- BS/BA degree, or equivalent work experience
You agree to complete a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) for a Moderate Public Trust position or other clearances as deemed appropriate for the role
Company Overview Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!