Penn Medicine Network Engineer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Job ID :68024
Job Category: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telecom
Specialty Area: Information Services/Technology/Service Desk/Telec
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: Full Time On Site
Penn Medicine Entity: Corporate Services
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Address: 3001 Market Street
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
Penn Medicine is looking for a Network Engineer!
Resolves issues related to the coordination, control, design, support, and operation of specialized components of a network whether data, voice or video such as Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), and voice systems. Plans, configures, tests, maintains, troubleshoots and tunes network infrastructure such as routers, switches, gateways, firewall systems, multi-function switches, virtual private networks and network security devices.
Minimum Requirements :
Minimum Certifications, Registry and/or Licenses Required:
• Network engineering certificate preferred
Degree Requirements and Minimum Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required, in engineering, computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred.
• Current Internal Penn Medicine Information Services division employees may be considered with proof of active and continued enrollment in an approved bachelor degree program.
• Four or more years of experience in data, voice or video networks or an equivalent combination of education and/or related experience required.
• Experience working with multiple technical platforms (e.g., mainframe, two-tiered client-server, three-tiered client-server).
• Experience working with network systems, networking principles, data, voice or video
• Experience working with network software and hardware, data, voice or video
• Experience working with proprietary software and hardware
• Healthcare environment experience is preferred.
• Good network performance modeling or benchmarking skills
• Skilled in time, priority and task management
• Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
• Good communication skills to interact with team members and support personnel
• Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
• Ability to anticipate problems, resolve ambiguity and take decisive action
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Good ability to analyze and solve complex problems using analytical and creative problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of networks
• Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex technical problems
• Willingness to travel
Additional Information :
Be a part of the exciting and ground-breaking upcoming years for the Penn Medicine Information Services department!
Because growth is essential to continuing to meet the current and future needs of patients, Penn Medicine continues to expand its capabilities.
Penn Medicine's Information Services (IS) Department focuses its efforts on the clinical and financial systems that support the day-to-day operations of four hospitals, several satellite practices, and more than 2,000 physicians.
Learn more about Information Services at http://www.pennmedicine.org/information-services
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.