Comcast Coordinator, Military Affairs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast NBCUniversal's Military and Veteran Affairs is an initiative that builds on the company's rich Military and Veteran legacy. This team creates the strategies and practices that drive Comcast NBCUniversal's military programs, policies, and initiatives, ranging from talent acquisition to community impact to business development. This team plays a critical role in the enterprise-wise development, creation, launch and sustainment of military-focused programs and initiatives, enabling Comcast NBCUniversal to be the employer of choice for the military community and as the chosen provider of experience and services in media, entertainment and technology to that community.
Responsible for providing operational support for the Communications function. Ensures timely and cost-effective completion of projects with the ability to coordinate diverse tasks requiring exceptional organizational skills. Works with moderate supervision/guidance. Is accountable for individual results and impact on team. Provides internal support to the stakeholders of the Military and Veteran Affairs team. In addition, develops print and digital branding products, including websites, social media feeds, and collateral.
- Works with members of the Military and Veterans Affairs team to support operational and strategic objectives
- Assists staff with event planning and coordinating support for cross department initiatives
- Coordinates the Department efforts with Talent Acquisition and corporate communications to help design and develop digital products to assist with hiring, community impact, and other objectives.
- Coordinates web and social media platforms and efforts
- Conceptualize, produce, film, edit, and distribute photo and video content in support of internal and external events
- Provides administrative support for project completion; assists with project plan in consultation with appropriate participants and coordinates steps to ensure participation of appropriate interested individuals and groups.
- Coordinates influencer engagement activities that may include: list building and maintenance, landscape monitoring, and scanning media to identify opportunities for new initiatives in military engagement
- Assists with project status to ensure progress toward completion and required procedural steps are completed fully and in a timely manner.
- Seeks cooperation and input in project assignments; coordinates needed meetings or hearings to gather input and meet procedural requirements.
- Provides status reports to senior management or other management to keep them apprised of progress and any anticipated issues.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education Level Job Specification:
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Communications, Media, or related field
- 2 years of experience/ internships/Co-Ops
- Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer