Health First RN Patient Flow Administrator Palm Bay Hospital PT in Palm Bay, Florida
To be fully engaged in providing Quality/No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by providing superior quality, competitive value and outstanding service by serving as the administrative representative for hospital-wide management and decision making in the absence of administrative personnel. To enhance communication and interaction of the various units. To ensure appropriate, safe and timely problem solving interventions on all shifts in order to provide continuity of service and optimum patient care.
Primary Accountabilities: * Ensures patient and staff safety on the assigned unit. * Ensures use of standard or appropriate infection control precautions * Serves as a resource to all associates and assumes a leadership role in emergent and/or disaster situations which occur on assigned shifts. * Demonstrates knowledge and working expertise of all relevant policies and procedures, medical staff by-laws and regulations, risk management requirements and expectations and other administrative expectations as appropriate (i.e, substance abuse, employee/visitor/patient injuries, disaster situations, infection control, etc.) * Oversees ADT procedures of the facility on the designated shift to ensure accurate, safe, and timely patient placement utilizing the hospital’s bed tracking system. * Rounding through hospital constantly evaluating needs for patient placement. * Acts as central contact for decisions related to bed management during the shift of assignment. * Identifies system issues within the organization based on data and assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures, which addresses operational efficiencies in the hospital. * Review staffing needs and appropriately allocates available staff for the oncoming shift after assessment of patient care needs on each nursing unit in collaboration with directors, managers and charge nurses. * Intervenes and provides appropriate follow up and written communication on risk related issues that occur on shift of duty in collaboration with directors, managers and charge nurses as appropriate. * Actively participates on committees and in quality improvement activities as appropriate/assigned. * Ensures compliance with JCAHO and other organizational and regulatory standards within the department. Customer Experience: * Demonstrates positive customer relations as representative of administration in all settings and circumstances * Performs as clinical liaison in support of the Transfer Center (HRMC). * Contributes to the patient experience as evidenced by positive patient satisfaction scores and HCAHPS purpose. * Ensures consistent performance of purposeful hourly rounding and bedside shift report. Stewardship: * Monitors and ensures compliances with resource allocation. * Assesses the overall status of the hospital and plans a course of action for the current shift and the shift immediately to follow. * Establishes and directs plan for placement on all admission and transfers concurrently and prospectively. * Utilizes the hospital’s bed tracking system (Teletracking), assuring that the assignment and status of patient is accurate on a “real time” basis. * Achieves organization benchmarks for throughput.
- Current RN license to practice in the State of Florida
- Current AHA BLS Healthcare Provider Completion Card prior to start date and maintain.
- BSN required or enrolled and working towards BSN/post graduate degree
- Minimum 5 years nursing in acute hospital setting is required.
- Demonstrates effective leadership ability and management skills
- Demonstrated expert customer service skills
- Experience with establishing priorities, preferably as relates to the assignment of patient to beds or other scarce resources
- In-depth knowledge of the acute hospital environment and ability to work with all members involved with the movement of patients
- Ability to establish effective working relationships
- Proficient use of information technology tools and solutions
- Demonstrated high level of initiative and self-direction, flexibility and adaptability change
- Demonstrated strong negotiation and conflict management skills
Job: *Registered Nurse
Organization: *Palm Bay Hospital
Title: RN Patient Flow Administrator Palm Bay Hospital PT
Location: Florida - Brevard County-Palm Bay
Requisition ID: 034293