Metova Software Developer - Integration in Orlando, Florida
Metova CyberCENTS is looking for a talented and highly motivated individual to join our software development and integration team! At Metova, our employees are our most valuable assets. Taking care of our employees is our number one initiative to ensure not only Metova’s success, but also the success of our employees. We want to see our people exceed! We are designed around team members who want to make a difference in shaping the Company’s future and who can expect great rewards for doing superior work.
You will play a key role in the design, development, and testing of the software engine that runs our cyber ranges worldwide. As a member of the team you will have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements.
You will perform under little supervision as a senior developer working on a software development and network engineering team charged with the design, integration, production, testing, and installation of cyber range environments worldwide. Software development responsibilities include: requirements gathering, requirements analysis, architecture and design, coding, testing and validation, and research. Meet with contract partners to design, test, and implement interface development requirements.
You will be an active and leading member of our software development and network engineering team charged with the design, integration, production, testing, and installation of cyber range environments worldwide. Software development responsibilities include: requirements gathering, requirements analysis, architecture and design, coding, testing and validation, and research. Meet with contract partners to design, test, and implement interface development requirements
Perform related design, coding, testing, and documentation of given application and/or system designs. Participate in the design and development of applications and systems.
Develops API, Web Services, and Micro Services integrating the SLAM-R system with external 3rd party applications, brokers, and interfaces.
Solves technical problems and writes software to support Metova CyberCENTS’s SLAM-R system software components.
Responsible for creating Restful, SOAP, and Message Bus based services and assists in maintaining the system’s high performing API infrastructure.
Will work on individual and team projects interfacing with developers at all levels of experience within the company. Will be expected to work with developers in other organizations to meet project requirements shared with contract partners.
Must be proficient in the development of API infrastructures which include REST, SOAP, and Message Queues.
Must be able to produce high quality, high volume work with little supervision. Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a computer related field and three (3) years of software experience or equivalent years of software experience
Experience in Linux environments
Skilled with Application Programming Interfaces (API); REST, SOAP, Message Bus
Experience with Networking, Linux Systems, Windows, Testing, Agile Software Development/Software Development Life Cycle
Analysis and Design
Assist in generating designs which comply with requirements specifications.
Assist in determining effort and time that will be required to resolve tasks
• Execute basic and advanced control constructs.
• Utilize the most efficient method or algorithm for solving a given problem.
• Apply logic to fundamental design issues.
• Develop software using prescribed coding conventions.
• Develop application programming interfaces in a variety of languages and protocols
• Internal – Document code internal to a program for data/control constructs and modules/routines.
• Process – Generate comprehensible documentation for reference by other developers, engineers, etc. that complies with company standards.
• External – Produce customer documentation
• Performs unit testing as necessary.
• Accomplish integration and/or validation testing
• Complete tasks in a timely fashion.
• Adhere to all defined guidelines and procedures in performance of duties.
• Present clear, comprehensive recommendations for decision-making.
• Organize, plan, and execute tasks and projects.
• Innovate and apply skills and knowledge in problem solving situations.
• Work individually or with a group to successfully achieve objectives and goals.
• Adapt to assignment changes on short notice.
• Provide instruction to others and participate meaningfully in discussions/meetings.
• Clearly and concisely write cyber range documents and reports.
At Metova, our employees are our most valuable assets! Metova is designed around team members who want to make a difference in shaping the Company’s future and who can expect great rewards for doing superior work. We are professional people who want to exceed, and taking care of our people is our number one initiative to ensure success.
Metova is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age or veteran status.
Metova believes in providing a very comprehensive and competitive benefits package to its employees that enriches the employee’s career with the company. Metova is not only committed to attracting the best and brightest professionals, but also to ensuring the well-being of its employees and their families.
Metova offers a full suite of employee benefits:
Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account
Short & Long Term Disability