St. Mary's Good Samaritan Coordinator - Patient Education & Resource Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Assist patients and visitors in person and by telephone in identifying and utilizing community resources. Perform clerical and receptionist duties, market and oversee use of resource center, including library, computer lab, and coordination of patient support groups. Will perform other related duties as assigned.
- Aid patients and family members through individual or group conferences in understanding, accepting, and following recommendations given by their physician. Utilize such resources as family and community assistance agencies to aid patient in accessing needed resources.
- Establish and maintain client/customer relationships with referral sources and direct users of hospital products and services. Confer with hospital personnel as necessary, and act as liaison between patient and hospital.
- Maintain a broad awareness of hospital products and services. Maintain awareness of and relationship with hospital physicians whose services are appropriate to present to identified target markets.
- Provide staff support as needed to support promotional events and coordinate ongoing relationship and develop of support programs and expansion opportunities for the hospital.
- Interview patients and family members referred to the department by their family physician and obtain information about home environment, family relationships, health history, and patient's personality traits. Counsel patients and family members through individual or group conferences to understand, accept, and follow recommendations given by their physician. Utilize such resources as family and community assistance agencies to aid patients in resuming a productive life within the community. Assist with placement of children in foster homes and/or their families during illness.
- Assist in securing various support of rehabilitative instruments as befits the patient's needs. Counsel with patients to aid in reducing anxieties or fears concerning the patient's status and prognosis. Develop and facilitate patient support groups.
- Maintain current and accurate case records for each patient containing the nature of the social problem, how patient and family are encouraging or adjusting to the problem, and what the designated social worker is doing to assist or alleviate problems. Confer with hospital personnel as necessary, and act as liaison between patient and hospital.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Current licensure by the Oklahoma State Board of Licensed Social Workers as an LMSW, LSW, LCSW, LSW-Adm or Licensed as a Licensed Professional Counselor.
- Three years experience in hospital or health care setting.
- Knowledge of Oncology and community support services required.
- Social work experience preferred.
St. Anthony Hospital –
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.
Organization: St. Anthony Hospital
Primary Location: Oklahoma-Oklahoma City-St. Anthony Hospital
Work Locations: St. Anthony Hospital (0040) 1000 N. Lee Ave Oklahoma City, 73102
Job: Clinical Support & Technical Services
Req ID: 18000547