McKean Defense System Administrator in NORFOLK, Virginia
Tracking Code 2688-317 Job Description
McKean Defense is an employee owned Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations.
- This is a Network Administrator position supporting the IT Director, McKean management, Government and US. Navy personnel associated with the technical aspects of information systems.
- Connect computers, printers and other devices and facilitate communication and resource sharing between all of the devices.
- Research the best way to design a given network, taking into consideration constraints such as building layout, proximity to threats, and budget.
- Have an understanding of server operating systems, electrical concepts, security and problem solving.
- Must be able to follow direction and at times be a self-starter.
- Assistance may be required for all ships force departments.
- Obtain and maintain the various administrative requirements of new construction ships.
- Candidate must possess the following certifications:
- Microsoft OS Certification Windows Server 2008 or higher
- CompTIA Security+.
- The position requires the candidate possess an active Secret SSBI security clearance.
- The candidate must have or acquire an IAT Level 2 certification, see instruction DODINST 8570.1-M for guidance.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, a minimum of five (5) years’ experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Candidate will need to organize tasks and services be able to work with competing priorities.
- Must be able to physically maneuver on board US Navy Ships and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Experience with the MS Office suite of software, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Effective written and oral communication skills are essential in this team orientated-customer service position.
Demonstrable experience with the following:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 and or Windows 2012 R2
- Active Directory
- Maintain and support Citrix server solution
- Symantec or McAfee Antivirus
- Tenable Security Center/Nessus Scanner (ACAS)
- Database Administration
- Symantec Endpoint Encryption
- Maintain and support Virtual Private Network (VPN) solution
- Configure, maintain, and support Host Based Security System (HBSS) and clients
- Windows 10 O.S.
- VMware ESXi and VDI
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.
Job Location NORFOLK, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code: 2688-317
Job Location: NORFOLK, Virginia, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular