nfrastructure Field Technician in New York, New York
Let’s Work Together
This position is based in New York, NY
LIFE at nfrastructure
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. nfrastructure nployees relish challenging projects working alongside technology’s best and the brightest. Our team members enjoy the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve problems and capitalize on opportunities. Our work environments are designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success. We are a high-growth organization that counts many of the world’s most admired brands as customers. nfrastructure is a CRN Triple Crown winner, a member of the Fast Growth 150, Tech Elite 250 and Solution Provider 500, Inc.’s Build 100 List of Sustained-Growth Companies, Inc.’s 500|5000 list, and are recognized as both a Times Union Top Workplace and a Best Company to Work for in New York State.
The role: Field Technician
As a Field Technician for OTDA Downstate, you will be responsible for providing onsite technical support for printer hardware issues as related to dot matrix printers. You will provide excellent customer service while receiving multiple tickets in your area. You will troubleshoot, repair, and/or replace equipment. On a daily basis, you will travel to customer locations within a region, so a flexible work schedule is a must.
- Repair and troubleshoot dot matrix printers. Dot matrix printers include Epson, Unisys, and OKI.
- In the event of a printer replacement, will have to perform configuration on dot matrix printer.
- Will update tickets upon service call completion by working with dispatch team.
- Will be responsible for ticket resolution within a certain timeframe, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Complete appropriate paperwork as required for customer acceptance
- Act as the liaison between nfrastructure team and the customer
- Travel to customer locations and possess a flexible work schedule, this may require overnight stays
- Maybe responsible for operating company vehicle
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent Associate’s Degree preferred and at least 2 years’ experience with printer troubleshooting, and configuration
- Familiarity with standard Windows O/S and Office suites
- Ability to thoroughly and accurately perform inventory and asset recording and complete paperwork as required by customer, including vendor warranties
- Ability to perform final configuration tasks on customer premise
- 2+ years’ experience with desktop hardware
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- The ability and willingness to travel (including a weekend departure, traveling during off-hours, and frequent overnight stays)
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to life 50 lbs.
- Printer experience
nfrastructure partners with the world’s most admired brands to design, build, and operate infrastructure and applications for digital business. Our insight, execution, and results culture, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major market, tightly integrated high-availability remote support and our innovative, proprietary “nterprise” software platform delivers a highly differentiated value proposition for our customers and partners.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com
Apply for this job or another online today at https://nfrastructure.com/careers/latest-jobs.html
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.
Location: New York, NY
Department: Operations - Workplace Services