Vanderbilt University Medical Center Mental Health Consultant-Statewide Trainer in Youth & Young Adult Best Practices in Nashville, Tennessee
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Click Here To View The VUMC Promise of Discovery
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry is accepting applications for our Mental Health Consultant for the S ta te w i d e T r ai n e r in Youth & Y o un g Ad u lt (B e st Pr a c t i ce s) position . In this developmental role, you will provide training and technical assistance on implementing evidence-based, evidence-informed team-based services and supports (e.g. Coordinated Specialty Care model, Transition to Independence Process model, etc.). The population consists of youth and young adult programs as prescribed and funded by the Tennessee Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (e.g. OnTrackTN: First Episode Psychosis programs).
To be successful, a candidate must have knowledge of Coordinated Specialty Care, Transition to Independence Process principles, and evidence-based practices; knowledge of recovery-oriented system of care framework; experience working with young adults with serious mental illness and their families; knowledge of issues related to transition-aged youth; experience working with broad stakeholder groups including providers of child and adult services and advocacy organizations
Finally, if you have strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills and are willing to travel about 30% of the time this is the position for you! This is a full-time position with benefits from your first day of employment. We look forward to learning more about you; meanwhile, below are additional details about joining the VUMC team.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
· US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center at http://www.vanderbilthealth.com/billwilkerson/ ), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
· Truven Health Analytics: among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitals in the U.S.
· Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
· The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
· National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
· Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Tennessee
· Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
· American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Download the Vanderbilt University Medical Center Facts 2016-2017 at https://www.vanderbilthealth.com/main/39107 to learn more about our services and facilities.
· Master’s Degree (Human Services, Public Health, Public Administration or related field)
· Two years of experience, prefer five years
· Experience with children and young adults
· Experience with child and adult services and advocacy organizations
· TN Licensure if required
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
Licensed Master or Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Counselor preferred
Job Social Work/Mental Health/Other Therapies
Organization: Psychiatry Mental Health Ctr 104533
Title: Mental Health Consultant-Statewide Trainer in Youth & Young Adult Best Practices
Location: TN-Nashville-Green Hills Office Building
Requisition ID: 1809266
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.