Vanderbilt University Medical Center Analytics Consultant in Nashville, Tennessee
Responsible for all aspects of analytics to meet customers’ needs, under occasional guidance. Provides a single point of contact to partner with customers in defining scope and objectives. Follows the analytics problem solving methodology. Develops work plans to ensure analytics are completed accurately and on time. Gathers and integrates appropriate data, conducts analyses, chooses appropriate output/visualization for the end customer, and communicates findings effectively. Ensures adherence to the highest of quality standards and maintains appropriate documentation.
Performs functions related to problem definition, data collection, interpretation and analysis, visualization, and presentation/communication of results and recommendations.
Ensures timely completion of all analytics projects.
Ensures documentation of processes, analytics design, measure definitions, data integration, and development,
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
DATA ACQUISITION (NOVICE): - Can successfully determine which data are needed, identify the correct tables and elements, write the SQL code to pull the data, and extract the data for analysis. Performs quality control on the data. May have working knowledge in data warehouse applications [such as Oracle, Netezza, IBM UDMH, and EPIC].
DATA ANALYTICS (NOVICE): - Can analyze and interpret data to derive insight. Applies the appropriate approach to provide creative solutions for the given problem. May have working knowledge in business intelligence and analytics software [such as Tableau, Business Objects, Excel, and R].
COMMUNICATION OF RESULTS (NOVICE): - Communicates results and recommendations to customers in a concise and non-technical format. Clearly states implications and potential next steps. Presents analysis, ideas, and findings using the appropriate data visualization and presentation tools [such as Word, Excel, Tableau, and PowerPoint].
PLANNING (INTERMEDIATE): - Plans work to complete projects on time. Competently handles multiple assignments simultaneously. Able to be flexible to meet changing customer needs with minimal disruption and loss of productivity. Uses time efficiently.
STAKEHOLDER ENGAGEMENT (NOVICE): - Identifies relevant customers and gains their commitment on the final deliverable and timeline. Takes initiative to turn business concepts into meaningful objectives using the problem solving methodology.
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area.
Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one’s own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees’ effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 2 years relevant experience
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Sedentary category requiring exertion up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and uses negligible amounts of force to move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without moving.
Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects under 35 lbs from one level to another
Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or assistive device.
Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower extremities and back muscles
Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any direction below shoulders.
Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both hands.
Continuous: Communication: Expressing or exchanging written/verbal/electronic information.
Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory information
Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral vision, color vision.
Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
Job Professional and Managerial
Organization: Population Health Analytics 108075
Title: Analytics Consultant
Location: TN-Nashville-2525 West End Ave
Requisition ID: 1807708
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.