SSM Health Regional Chief Medical Officer in Mount Vernon, Illinois
The Regional Chief Medical Officer for SSM Health-Southern Illinois is responsible for the overall direction and coordination of medical affairs for the Southern Illinois hospitals. The Regional CMO works to coordinate patient safety, quality, regulatory and patient experience activities at the regional level and with the General Counsel to coordinate risk management matters for the region. The Regional CMO works with the hospital leaders to ensure that medical staff regulatory functions and requirements are in compliance.
This key executive will work closely with the Hospital Presidents, the Regional Chief Nursing Officer, Physician Organization leaders, other System and Regional physician leaders and administrative council team members to define, align, and influence the development of care standards that produce superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience. He/she works with other SSM Health Regional CMOs, the System SVP/Chief Clinical Officer, the System Chief Quality Officer to establish standards of care, address clinical variation and influence improvements in the use of the electronic health record (Epic). He/she partners and collaborates with medical staffs and management teams to systematically improve metrics related to clinical care and quality as well as patient safety and experience.
The ideal candidate will possess a proven track record of exemplary leadership experience in the healthcare industry and demonstrated leadership capacity to assume direct accountability for patient safety in a complex integrated delivery network, and the ability to lead and motivate people to achieve agreed-upon results. Must also have a strong strategic thinking capacity, effective communication skills, and a proven track record of building and maintaining multiple effective partnerships.
- Participates as a key member of the SSM Health Southern Illinois regional administrative council in defining clinical performance standards that support the goals of consistent clinical performance and practice across the region.
- Works with hospital presidents, medical staffs, and the SSM Health Southern Illinois Board of Directors to improve the functionality and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff organization. Responsible for presenting medical staff credentialing and bylaws information, quality and patient safety performance at the Board of Directors meetings.
- Interacts closely with Southern Illinois leadership, key physician partners and other stakeholders in the development and implementation of necessary patient safety systems and procedures.
- Collaborates with System CMO to ensure regulatory preparedness and compliance.
- Oversees hospital based physician service contracts such as hospitalists, and intensivist.
- Works with system and regional leaders to provide physician leadership development opportunities for physicians.
- Develops strong working relationships and effective communication at all levels of the organization.
- Fosters an environment of collaboration and communication between departments to ensure timely implementation of new strategies and to coordinate implementation of corrective strategies to resolve problems or situations that arise. Problem-solves issues that are barriers to expected clinical or patient experience outcomes.
- Recruits, selects, and retains highly qualified professionals. Provides the leadership necessary to maintain a motivated, productive, and competent team through open communication and delegation of responsibilities and authority. Guides and directs team members in their personal and professional development. Identifies individuals for future leadership roles and offer development and exposure to prepare them for increased responsibility.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO)
- Ten years of experience in clinical practice
- A master’s degree in business or related field
- Experience as a CMO in a matrixed or regional health system
About SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital - Mt. Vernon
SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital–Mt. Vernon, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 134-bed hospital with the only open heart surgery program in the region. In 2015, the hospital launched a new pediatric emergency and NICU telemedicine program in conjunction with the physicians at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital. For three consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Patient Safety Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital with the Citation of Merit Award for Outstanding Patient Care.
About SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital – Centralia
SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital–Centralia, operating in partnership with the Felician Sisters, is a 113-bed hospital specializing in cancer care. For six consecutive years, Healthgrades has presented SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital–Centralia with the Outstanding Patient Experience Award and with the Critical Care Excellence Award. In 2014, Quest by Premier Inc. recognized SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital–Centralia with the Citation of Merit Award for High-Value Healthcare.
Req ID: 18000194
Primary Location: Illinois-Mount Vernon-SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital – Mt. Vernon
SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital – Mt. Vernon (0046) 1 Good Samaritan Way Mount Vernon, 62864
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 62864
Weekend Rotation: Full Time, Days
Normal work hours: Executives
Job: SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital – Mt. Vernon
Organization: SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital – Mt. Vernon
Work Locations: SSM Health Good Samaritan Hospital – Mt. Vernon (0046) 1 Good Samaritan Way Mount Vernon, 62864