Lowe's Manager Digital Experience - Store Systems in Mooresville, North Carolina
The Manager – Digital Experience is responsible to lead,build, grow and foster the future of the functional resources within dedicatedAreas of Responsibilities. The Manager –Digital Experience is responsible for development and advancement of the teamat both an individual and group level.
By leading through consistent standards of work, ensuringthe team continues to evolve with changing industry trends, tools andtechnologies, and owning the internal methodologies and process, the Manager –Digital Experience maintains an operating model to support the needs of theenterprise.
By partnering with both stakeholders within Digital, theManager – Digital Experience ensures effective and inclusive processdevelopment as work moves into, through and out of an Area ofResponsibility. Managing a two-way dialoguebetween team and leadership or the Area of Responsibility / business partners,the Experience Design Manager sets direction on the consistency and quality ofwork across a wide scope of projects – varying in size from EnterpriseInitiatives to merchandising support.
This role works cross-functionally across both Lowe'sDigital, engaging with other Contributors, Leads, Managers, Directors, as wellas across the enterprise- ensuring key relationships are fostered across ourOmni-channel partners. Additionally,this role also manages within the other managers and contributors of theDigital Experience + Design team.
The Manager – Digital Experience is responsible forsupporting Lowe's digitally at an enterprise level, supporting multiple sitesand platforms including Lowes.com, Native Applications, Lowes For Pros B2B,Lowes Canada, ATG Stores, Associate Mobility and Omni-channel initiatives.
Deliver Against UX Talent Strategy
• Define, update and maintain job role responsibility.
• Define goals, success metrics and development plans.
• Develop resource plan and staffing models, influencedepartment talent selection process and own team staffing decisions.
• Partner with internal Digital business and IT to identifyhow work moves from concept / idea through the Digital Experience + Designteam, and ultimately to delivery.
• Identify, build and maintain the most efficient andeffective internal process for how Architectural work gets done.
• Work to influence the Digital Experience + Design strategyat a macro-level while delivering on executing the strategy at a micro-level.
• Ensure projects deliver not only on our holistic designand experience strategy, but our purpose as a company.
Influence Projects / Work
• Review, critique and influence the direction of thedeliverables and direction of various projects across multiple platforms /suite of products.
• Work cross-functionally with other managers and leads toensure the quality and consistency of the work.
Key Decision Points
• Hire of Staff – both direct and indirect reports.
• Ensure staffing accuracy, including head-count,contractor/FTE mix and talent pools.
• Own the internal Architectural Design process from conceptto delivery.
• Ensure a high-quality usability research and testingmethodology to align with our evolving suite of digital products
Bachelor's Degree in Design, Communications, ComputerScience, English, Business or related field
AND Plus 3-7 years of freelance/industry experience
OR 5-10 years of experience in experience design or architecture.
• Prior experience in a Fortune 100 company working as partof a large-scale and complex organization
• B2B or B2C commerce or marketing experience
• Ability to work within an Agile / SCRUM development environment
Lowe's Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 homeimprovement company serving more than 18 million customers a week in the UnitedStates, Canada and Mexico. With fiscal year 2017 sales of $68.6 billion, Lowe'sand its related businesses operate or service more than 2,390 home improvementand hardware stores and employ over 310,000 people. Founded in 1946 and basedin Mooresville, N.C., Lowe's supports the communities it serves throughprograms that focus on K-12 public education and community improvementprojects. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Job ID: 1410159BR
Line of Business: Corporate
Job Category: eCommerce
Department: 0280 - Digital Product & Experience
Employment Type I: Regular
Employment Type II: Full-Time
Location #: 1999
Location Name: CSC-Mooresville
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.