Continental Corporation Purchasing Team Lead in Manila, Philippines
Purchasing Team Lead
The Purchasing Team Lead provides regional functional leadership and management responsibility for Manila Purchasing team, and has accountability for the effective and efficient processing of the Global Center’s Purchasing/Sourcing process that is part of the Procure to Pay function.
•\tsupervises 11 Purchasing staff, 6 directly (Purchasing supervisor, and buyers)
•\tservices multicultural organizations, one regional market / two countries
▪ Management of purchasing, tactical buying, sourcing and supplier management activities to achieve cost-efficient, accurate and on time purchases, including compliance to Continental purchasing policies.
▪ Management of supplier accreditation activities (SCOUT, SCOC), customer/supplier support and issue resolution related to requisitions, purchase orders and goods receipts.
Purchasing performance report
▪ Identify, drive and sustain Purchasing process improvements and cost efficiency
▪ Lead implementation of technology-related process improvement opportunities (e.g., new SAP version, CEOS, purchasing catalogs, etc)
▪ Lead future Purchasing work migration
▪ Plan, organize, lead and control the work of the North America Purchasing team to ensure that objectives are achieved and services are delivered to the customers/stakeholders.
▪ Manage the performance of NA Purchasing team members, including hiring, training, coaching, performance correcting (disciplinary actions), career planning and salary recommendations.
▪Responsible for delivering results on Service Level Agreements and related Key Performance Indicators.
▪ Act as SAP Purchasing Module Key User
Auto req ID:
•\tSourcing, purchasing and negotiation skills
•\tProblem solving and decision making tools and techniques
•\tCommunication skills, including presentation
•\tLean manufacturing principles, six sigma, value engineering
•\tSAP knowledge and use
•\tHuman relations skills (leading teams, conflict management, networking, communications)
•\tTotal Cost Management
•\tBachelor degree in Business or Engineering
•\tPreferably a CPM or CPIM
•\t5+ years of work experience in purchasing and sourcing
•\tcross functional experience in other supply chain functions
•\texperience in process improvement activities
•\tSAP knowledge and work experience
•\tAt least 1 year project management experience
•\tProficiency in Microsoft Office
•\t3+ years of leadership experience
•\tUnderstanding and application of POLC theories and principles
•\tExperience in working with international teams
•\tUnderstanding of different cultures
Big Six Capabilities
Vision - Leading Change
Entrepreneurship - Quality Orientation
Execution - Delivering Results
Drive - Leading and steering
Learning - Coaching Others
Interaction - Fostering Teamwork
With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 230.000 employees in 56 countries. As a division in the Continental Corporation, ContiTech is one of the world's leading industrial specialists. Its customers can be found in key industries such as machine and plant engineering, mining, the agricultural industry, and the automotive industry. With around 46,000 employees in 44 countries, the company uses its development and material expertise for products and systems made of rubber, polyamide, metal, textile, and electronic components to combine these with individual services. ContiTech also offers functional and design-oriented living solutions and is always searching for customer-friendly and environmentally-friendly answers – going well and truly beyond its roots as a producer of rubber products. With sales of approximately €5.5 billion (2016), this international technology partner is active with core branches in Europe, Asia, North and South America.
Division Footer Text:
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
What we offer:
Allowances: Transportation, meal, telecom and deminimis
Reimbursements: medical/optical and critical transportation
Health: HMO, Group Life Insurance and Investment fund