State of Maine, Bureau of Human Resources Public Health Nursing Supervisor in Machias, Maine
Public Health Nursing Supervisor
Machias, Maine, United States
Opening Date: September 13, 2018 Closing Date: September 27, 2018 Job Class Code: 4052
Grade: 25 (Nursing)
Salary: $51,667.20 - $68,307.20/yr.
LOCATION: Augusta & Machias
CURRENT VACANCY INFORMATION:
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) provides supportive, preventive, protective, public health and intervention services that protect the public health and assist our customers in meeting their needs.
The mission for the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention (Maine CDC), within which this position is located, is to develop and deliver services to preserve, protect, and promote the health and well-being of the citizens of Maine.
You will provide supervision in directing and overseeing a public health program in an assigned geographic area. Responsibilities include administrating, directing, and promoting public health programs; evaluating community needs; and providing consultative services to clinics, physicians, nurses, community groups, and individuals. Work is performed under limited supervision. You will also:
You will also:
• Supervise assigned personnel within assigned geographic area in order to ensure program goals and objectives are attained.
• Recruit, interview, direct, coordinate, train, assign, and appraise the work of subordinate employees in order to ensure the provision of quality public health services.
• Identify and evaluate community and regional public health service needs in order to develop or modify health care or disease prevention plans.
• Implement, administer, and comply with human resource laws, policies, procedures, and practices including: AA/EEO, recruitment, employment, position classification, performance appraisals, training, discipline, contract administration, communication systems, and employee safety in order to comply with human resource mandates/laws and ensure the fair and equal treatment of subordinate employees.
• Research and write reports, records, and surveys in order to document program services and progress.
• Plan, organize and conduct staff meetings in order to disseminate information and discuss operational issues.
• Prepare and provide programmatic and financial information in order to assist in developing policies, procedures, budgets, and plans. Will assist in monitoring/management of the Community Health Contracts including monitoring the reporting of deliverables from the Grantees.
• Consult with nursing and related health providers including direct care consultation in order to ensure program understanding.
• Be an active member of the PHN Management Team and assist the PHN Director to carry out management functions, including supervision of office support staff.
A seven (7) year combination of education and experience in professional nursing.
LICENSING/REGISTRATION/CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (These must be met by all employees prior to attaining permanent status in this class).
Licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse as issued by the State Board of Nursing.
Preferred candidates will have:
o Master’s Degree with specialization in Public/Community/Maternal & Child Health Nursing.
o Valid Maine Driver’s License
o Knowledge of public health nursing, laws, education, and administration.
o Knowledge of personnel management techniques and procedures.
o Ability to develop policies, procedures, and budgets.
o Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
o Ability to plan and implement comprehensive orientation and training programs.
o Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
For additional information about this position please contact Kate Downing, Director of Public Health Nursing, 287-3121. To apply, please upload a recent resume, cover letter, and transcript (transcript needed only if education is used to meet the minimum qualifications). To request a paper application, please contact Ashley Vigue at Ashley.Vigue@Maine.gov.
Value of State’s share of Employee’s Retirement: 15.37% of pay
Value of State-paid Dental Insurance: $13.13 biweekly
Value of State-paid Health Insurance*:
Level 1: 100% State Contribution = $444.68 biweekly (employee pays nothing)
Level 2: 95% State Contribution = $422.45 biweekly (Employee pays: 5%)
Level 3: 90% State Contribution = $400.21 biweekly (Employee pays: 10%)
Level 4: 85% State Contribution = $377.98 biweekly (Employee pays: 15%)
*The level of actual value of state paid Health Insurance will be based on employee’s wage rate and status with regard to the health credit premium program as of July 1, 2018.
The State of Maine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.