Salesforce.com, Inc Software Engineer, Customer Centric Engineering in London, United Kingdom
Job CategoryProducts and Technology
Job DetailsSoftware Engineer (Customer Centric Engineering)
About the Salesforce Marketing Cloud
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a leading global provider of cross-channel digital marketing solutions that empower organizations of all sizes to communicate with their customers through email, mobile, social media, web and marketing automation. We're driven by a deep understanding of marketers' needs-because we're marketers too. No other digital marketing company invests in product innovation the way we do, giving our clients access to truly cutting-edge technology. By partnering state-of-the-art technology with the best and brightest employees in the industry, we foster a culture of constant innovation and growth.
About the Position
At Salesforce, reliability & trust is our #1 priority. Our customers demand a high quality, responsive and predictable application. As an engineer joining the Customer Centric Engineering team, you will get an opportunity to work on a broad set of challenging customer-related issues which will require a wide range of technologies and troubleshooting of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud product. As a Customer Centric Engineer you will investigate, reproduce, diagnose and propose fixes for complex issues affecting our customers. You should be passionate about solving tough technical problems and recommending improvements to products and processes. Technical skills are important, but so are persistence, patience and communication.
- Figuring out ways to find “the bug” utilizing top-notch troubleshooting techniques and all the tools and systems available within the development organization, and digging deep into code
- Identifying root causes, proposing test cases and proposing code changes to fix the problem.
- Providing timely information to customer facing teams to improve overall customer satisfaction
- Mentoring internal support teams on technical issues and best practices
- Building relationships with other teams across Customer Service, Development, and Site Reliability as a technical expert
- Championing Supportability and Debug ability initiatives throughout development and developing new debugging tools while working closely with product teams
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related Engineering degree is highly preferred or equivalent work experience with demonstrated proficiency
- At least 4-5 years of experience in software development environment
- Developer-level technical skills along with a strong desire to interact with customers, support teams and management on high-profile issues critical to the long-term success of the company
- Demonstrable curiosity, passion, integrity and outstanding attention to detail in professional and personal pursuits
- Unparalleled debugging, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Learn quickly and be productive in a highly collaborative, lightning-fast environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as exemplified by clear bug/issue explanations, documentation of knowledge and comfort interacting with all levels of management
- Good understanding of various software design patters
- Ability to take complex problems and break them down into smaller tasks
- Good understanding of entire development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance
- Willing to learn new technologies
- Must have a background in an Object Oriented Development Language (C#, Java, Ruby, etc.) with strong experience in C# and working with .NET framework
- Very good understanding of RDBMS concepts with strong experience in SQL Server 2008 and up
- Understanding of W3C standards and experience in addressing cross-browser and platform compatibility issues.
- Utilization and troubleshooting of SOAP & REST based APIs
- Proficiency in XHTML and CSS. Practical knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3 is a must
- You take pride in writing highly modular, scalable, and extensive code
- Strong understand of security patterns and practices
- Experience in high-availability systems and distributed systems
- Very good understand of SQL Performance tuning
- Salesforce knowledge preferred
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!