Bloomberg Global Data Analytics Representative – Japanese Speaker in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 65352
Bloomberg runs on data and technology. In Global Data, we’re responsible for onboarding, analyzing, applying and supplying it to provide transparency to financial markets and help customers to make the best business decision.
What’s the role?
You will be on the Global Data Analytics (GDA) team, a fast-paced, high-energy group of analysts who provide Bloomberg customers with accurate and timely answers via our chat system and on phone calls in the interpretation of both our proprietary and contributed data and ensures the accuracy of our data products. It's about working together to solve complex issues and building invaluable relationships with clients whilst using expertise of product groups in the department. You are at the front line of providing premium customer service for the Global Data Department as a whole.
As you develop your knowledge of financial products and ability to manage client relations both internally and externally, you will be given opportunity to analyse customer engagement data in order to gain insight into the needs of our clients and contribute to strategic business plans and product development.
Your data analysis and tech skills will be put to use to add efficiency to our workflows and processes. The fundamental product and professional skills cultivated through this role are invaluable in the development of a successful Bloomberg career.
What's in it for you?
You will take part in the Global Data Training Programme for two-weeks which will help you build the foundation for your entire career at Bloomberg. The training will teach you financial concepts, data and the functions of our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal.
Joining the Global Data team means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals. The data collected provides transparency into the markets and specific securities and will continue to build on the core foundation of our business as we expand our depth and breadth of coverage.
Where can the role take you?
Your career opportunity is not limited if you are successful in your role. A typical career path after some time in the Global Data Analytics team would be a move to other product-based teams within the wider department, working on vendor management, product improvement and building strong client relationships with data providers and data users.
We will trust you to:
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Have excellent verbal and written communication, including strong telephone etiquette
- Multi-task and work well under pressure
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor degree in Finance, Economics or related disciplines and/or equivalent work experience
- Excellent people skills as demonstrated through experience in customer service or other client facing roles
- Demonstrated experience working and contributing to a team
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and strong interest in computer programming
- Fluency in English and Japanese
- Availability to start by March/April 2018
We'd love you to have:
- Prior experience/coursework or strong knowledge and understanding of the financial markets
- Keen interest/knowledge of information management/ technology, product development and problem solving
- Prior experience of data research
- Ability to demonstrate project management skills
- Knowledge in information technology or statistical analysis or computer programming (for example VBA, SQL, MATLAB, Python)
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org