Mattel Digital Marketing Manager in Kingdom Maidenhead, United Kingdom
At Mattel, our vision isInspiring the Wonder of Childhood. We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees whoDARE to be innovative, andTHRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment. Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping themGROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture ofBALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employeesLEAD by example in all that they do!
Purpose of Position:
The position will be part of the local Brand Activation team. The Digital Manager will be key to drive and implement digital transformation within the local marketing team, and across the whole UK organisation. This role will be responsible for the implementation the local digital strategy within the global and regional framework, setting strategy and priorities, measuring results and managing a team. The position will also manage key stakeholder relationships across departments internally and with external customers (retailers) and agencies.
- Spearhead digital transformation across the entire local Marketing team through training / mentoring initiatives and challenging the status quo where appropriate.
- Set digital strategy and priorities for the market within the European and Global Mattel strategic framework.
- Set clear objectives for the local Digital & Marketing team against the global KPI metrics, and lead quarterly reviews.
- Manage the Digital Marketing team.
- Deploy Global and Regional digital capabilities & initiatives to the market; identify any gaps or specific local needs/opportunities to put in place market-relevant plans.
- Lead local relationship with all agencies involved in digital activity / assets creation, and vet new agencies if you identify a gap in experience or capability within the existing agency roster.
- Design Digital test & learn roadmap for the market, lead execution & share learnings across markets.
- Identify opportunities for CRM acquisition that are relevant to the market and will enable us to communicate with a high quality, engaged audience
- Coordinate briefing & response-to-brief process for digital media plans working closely with Brand Managers, media agencies & media partners to optimize our investment.
Experience, Education & Skills
- Build strong and effective relationships with a large number of stakeholders, often in a virtual environment
- Strong competitivespirit, results oriented, with a clear desire to succeed
- Great tactical skills, ability to react quickly to changing situations
- Confidently able to work on own initiative and action oriented
- Excellent strategic thinking, ability to communicate in a clear and articulate way to educate others and share knowledge
- Collaborative partner to internal and external customers
- Ability to work on a wide variety of projects within deadlines
- Skilled in selling and influencing.
- Degree in Marketing / Media (Bachelor/Master/Diploma) or equivalent qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in media agency in digital roles and/or top tier digital media publishers. Proven ability to operate in strategic roles e.g. strategic planning / account director for top accounts. Working knowledge of top DMP / DSP solutions on the market. Experience in implementing a DMP from scratch would be highly desirable.
ABOUT US Mattel is a creations company that inspires the wonder of childhood. Our mission is to be the recognized leader in play, learning and development worldwide. Mattel’s portfolio of global consumer brands includes American Girl®, Barbie®, Fisher-Price®, Hot Wheels®, Monster High® and Thomas & Friends®, among many others. Mattel also creates a wealth of lines and products made in collaboration with leading entertainment and technology companies. With a global workforce of approximately 31,000 people, Mattel operates in 40 countries and territories and sells products in more than 150 nations. Visit us at www.mattel.com/careers, www.facebook.com/MattelCareers or www.twitter.com/mattelrecruiter.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Posting Title: Digital Marketing Manager
Requisition Number: 180119
Location: United Kingdom - Maidenhead
Zip Code: SL6 4UB
Job Category: Marketing