Oceaneering Principal Engineer in Houston, Texas
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide subject matter expertise in coiled tubing to support product development efforts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Conceptual design work, engineering analysis, and some development for new projects
- Source and evaluate necessary components and build prototypes and test setups
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements , and related specifications
- Write and review technical proposals and specifications
- Perform product testing
- Field implementation of new technology
- Train and mentor other engineers
- Interface with customers and project managers
- Provide engineering status and progress reports
- Occasionally travel offshore
- Other duties as assigned
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities
- This position will report to the Director of Product Development or the Lead Mechanical Engineer
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum fifteen (15) years oilfield related coiled tubing experience
- Strong project management and client communication skills
- Ability to conceptualize and model mechanical prototypes on a rapid pace
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Smartsheet, Solidworks, and AutoCAD
- Pneumatic, hydraulic, and electro-hydraulic surface and subsea controls, project management o project engineering, FEA, and material specifications experience
- Experience with coiled tubing equipment design for offshore and subsea applications
- Knowledge of MS Project
Ensure that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans. Provide timely guidance and feedback to help staff accomplish a task or solve a problem. Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
This position is considered OFFICE WORK which is characterized as follows.
- Almost exclusively indoors during the day and occasionally at night
- Occasional exposure to airborne dust in the work place
- Work surface is stable (flat)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered LIGHTwork.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, political affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors.
Job Title: Principal Engineer
Location: Houston, Texas
Job ID: 12641
Full/Part Time: Full-Time