FirstService Residential Maintenance Technician - The River Oaks in Houston, Texas
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
The Maintenance Tech is a key member of the facilities maintenance team and is responsible for performing all necessary maintenance for the property. The incumbent will provide superior customer service, possess detailed knowledge of company policy and procedures, and perform essential functions as they relate to maintenance and accessibility of the property.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs or assists with general appliance repairs, carpet repairs, and minor A/C and electrical repairs.
- Perform or assist with carpentry work, painting, and plumbing duties as required.
- Participates in an ongoing property improvement plan and preventative maintenance program.
- Perform or assist in all building repairs such as installing appliance, electrical fixtures, re-key deadbolts, etc.
- Adheres to and complies with OSHA and company safety policies, rules, and wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as necessary.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Practice and adhere to FirstService Residential Global Service Standards and respond to all calls by the end of the next business day.
- Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
- Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules.
- Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need
- for additional material and supplies.
- May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
Education & Experience
High School diploma or equivalency preferred. College level course in business or hospitality preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
- Two (2) to three (3) years of industry experience preferred with knowledge of general maintenance, make ready procedures, pool maintenance, and general ground care.
- Basic command of Microsoft Office, information system hardware/software is preferred.
Tools & Equipment Used
General hand tools, electric power tools, appliance dolly, ladders including extension ladder, A/C cleaning chemicals, paint sprayer, and shampoo machine.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to crawl in small and tight spaces.
- Ability to work in different environmental working conditions( i.e. heat, cold, wind, rain)
- Ability to walk and climb stairs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled