FirstService Residential Housekeeper - The River Oaks in Houston, Texas
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
This position is responsible for cleaning projects requiring advanced training and demonstrated skill. Inspects wok performed in assigned building/property(s) and submits reports to the Supervisor. Positions may be indoors to maintain the interior of the community, outdoors to maintain the exterior, or a mixture of both.
- Performs a variety of cleaning/maintenance duties as assigned including but not limited to sweeping, mopping, shampooing, dusting, polishing, trash disposal, replacing light bulbs and window cleaning.
- Informs Supervisor of needed supplies.
- Maintains all cleaning solutions in accordance to OSHA requirements for hazardous chemicals.
- Removes trash from premises and assists in emergency cleaning.
- Ability to properly utilize new equipment and follow safety procedures prior to using this equipment.
- Maintains friendly and professional attitude.
- Responsible for maintaining the appropriate level of sanitary and cleaning supplies for assigned areas.
- Inspects all assigned areas daily and reports all cleaning and maintenance discrepancies to Supervisor.
- Ensures that security procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensures all safety precautions are followed while performing work.
- Maintains working relationship with building staff.
- Furnishes and burnishes floors as required.
- Completes daily work orders as scheduled.
- Maintains assigned equipment in good working condition.
- As applicable, cleans restrooms: Sweeps and mops floors. Refills all dispensers such as hand towels, toilet paper & hand soap. Cleans toilets, urinals, sinks, mirrors & counters. Empties/removes trash. Reports any discrepancies or deficiencies to supervisor.
- Ability to properly utilize new equipment and follow safety procedures prior to using this equipment
OPERATING SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
Education/Training: High school diploma or equivalency preferred.
Experience/Knowledge/Abilities: 1-2 previous custodial experience preferred. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled