FirstService Residential Concierge - The River Oaks in Houston, Texas
Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
A concierge position requires a passion for people and dedication to providing superior customer service at all times within a luxury residential setting. The concierge position is often demanding and fast-paced, requiring excellent time management and problem-solving skills. On a daily basis the concierge will interact with residents and guests from varied backgrounds and walks-of-life, and therefore an amicable personality and unflappable disposition are a must for a successful concierge.
Working as a FirstService Concierge means that your focus is to ensure the needs and requests of residents are met and that each resident has a memorable 5-star, community-living experience. The Concierge is expected to have an in-depth knowledge of the local area. Residents will approach the concierge with questions, seeking suggestions, and demanding problem resolutions. Often concierges will make reservations for restaurants, spas, shows and special events. Requests from residents can range from arranging transportation or providing directions. The concierge must make an effort to develop relationships with local business owners and VIPs in order to facilitate the fulfillment of resident requests.
- Demonstrates superior customer service at all times and a genuine desire to serve.
- Warmly greets and directs residents and guests arriving to or departing from the property.
- Maintains an active presence at the Front Desk. Monitors and announces visitors and controls access to the property. Reviews access control cameras frequently and reports any suspicious activity according to Front Desk procedures.
- Handles all concierge duties with enthusiasm including, but not limited to: processing incoming mail and outgoing packages; answering questions, making recommendations, and making arrangements on items such as transportation, restaurant reservations, personal shopping, health and beauty services, and cultural events; travel and meeting planning; delivering dry cleaning; and coordinating housekeeping or other community-specific services (for example, dog walking).
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of the attractions, nightlife, and special services of the surrounding area in order to enhance a 5-star residential-living experience.
- Maintains familiarity of all community amenities and activities. Gives directions to amenities and events within the property.
- Adheres to all Front Desk procedures including, but not limited to: reviewing and completing Daily Activity Reports (DAR); completing incident reports for management; and responding to emergency situations.
- Adheres to company standards for resident and guest services.
- Undertakes administrative tasks related to the Front Desk and back-of-house operations as requested.
- Ensures that resident and guest concerns are resolved in a professional and timely manner. Reports to General Manager and/or Lead Concierge any resident or guest dissatisfaction.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and polished appearance at all times.
- Assists in the training of concierge staff.
- Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
- Performs other job-related duties as directed.
Operating Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
Education, Experience & Skills Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalency required.
- A degree in hospitality management or business administration strongly desired.
- Fluency in one or more foreign languages is also a plus.
- Minimum of one year of high-end/luxury of hospitality or property management experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong organization skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple, competing priorities while remaining composed and professional.
- Must be friendly, courteous, service-oriented, and enjoy working with a variety of people while maintaining professional distance from residents and guests.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision while acting with discretion and maintaining confidentiality.
- Must be a team player with a strong work ethic.
Computer & Equipment Requirements: Proficiency in Microsoft Office and information system hardware/software required. Ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute. Performs a wide variety of tasks using a computer and other electronic systems (e.g., key track, telephones, radios, television, monitors, etc.).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled