Johnson Controls Sprinkler Project Manager in Horsham, Pennsylvania
What you will do
The Sprinkler Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating, managing and completing multiple concurrent turn key projects of varying size. The manager is responsible for attending contractors’ project meetings, and maintain accurate records of meetings, schedules, and requests. The incumbent should be able to manage a project budget and bring the project in at the dollars and hours allotted to the job. Interact with the district sales staff to confirm labor estimates on new and retrofit projects. Responsible for generating project change orders and securing signatures. Anticipates and identifies problems early and implements solutions. Responsible for collecting on project invoices and resolving disputes. Monitors district performance, resolves problems, fine-tunes plans to changing conditions and report difficulties. Assures compliance with project closeout requirements, AHJ approvals, customer training and closeout documentation.
How you will do it
- Duties include; assisting proposal activities, selection of subcontractors, maintain project documentation, control equipment allocation and keep a project manuals.
- Retain copies of contracts, change orders, special commitments, ship dates, completion dates and other elements necessary to monitor the project.
- Maintain a set of report and working drawings where applicable, consulting with local building and wiring inspectors, interfacing with owner/customers.
- Conduct construction meetings, maintain safety program, arrange equipment delivery, scheduling and change order management and project close-out documentation.
- Communicate manpower requirements to Construction Superintendent in order to meet construction schedules.
What we look for
Required * Bachelor's degree with 4-7 years of experience with large integrated systems desired. * At least 4 years previous related experience managing staff, customers and contractors * Project Management experience with a proven track record. * NICET Level II certification in at least one field must be obtained within 2 years of employment.
* Experience in preparing reports for upper management regarding status of project.
* Must be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Computer literate—Windows Applications with emphasis in spreadsheets.
* Excellent written/verbal communication and outstanding customer service skills are necessary.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou
Job: *Field Operations
Organization: *Bldg Technologies & Solutions
Title: Sprinkler Project Manager
Requisition ID: WD30042348009