Defense Information Systems Agency CONTRACT SPECIALIST in Fort Meade, Maryland
This position is located in Defense Information Systems Agency, PSD/PL62 at Ft. Meade, MD.
Learn more about this agency
- Responsible for pre-award and post-award functions, including price/cost analyses, negotiations, and administration for services, materials and equipment associated with procurements of importance to the Agency.
- Executes procurement of electronics-communications equipment, ADP systems, software, research and development systems studies,
- Review requests, analyze the requirement, recommend revisions to the statement of work or specifications, as necessary.
- Determines method of contracting best suited to the specific requirement. Prepare Determination and Findings, as appropriate. Prepare and issue solicitation documents.
- Analyzes and evaluate proposals for conformance with the solicitation. Perform cost/price analysis, including review of cost breakdowns to determine reasonableness.
- Performs contract administration, monitor contractor's progress, advise them of contractual requirements and limitations, negotiating price adjustments, when appropriate.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- This national security position, which may require access to classified information, requires a favorable suitability review and security clearance as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain security eligibility may result in termination.
- OGE Financial Form 450 is required
Basic Education Standards for positions in the 1102 series:
A. Bachelor's degree from an accredited education institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees
B. At least 24 semester credit hours in any combination of the following business fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.
All applicants must provide a copy of your transcripts. Failure to provide this information will result in disqualification.
(The above 24 semester credit hours in business may be within the candidate's bachelor's degree or in addition to the degree).
Education Exemptions: The education requirements listed above apply only to individuals entering DoD 1102 positions on or after October 1, 2000. Current DoD employees or Armed Forces members, who occupied GS-1102 positions or contracting positions with authority to award or administer contracts above the simplified acquisition threshold in an Executive Department on or before September 30, 2000, are exempt from meeting this requirement. Failure to provide SF-50 or career brief (for Armed Forces members) dated prior to October 1, 2000 will result in disqualification (this includes DISA employees).
For the GS-9, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-7 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-7 if outside the Federal service.* Specialized experience is defined as experience assisting with the contracting of Information Technology (IT) or telecommunications systems and equipment.*
For the GS-11, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-9 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-9 if outside the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience utilizing various types of contracts, methods of contracting and selection factors to plan appropriate strategies to procure Information Technology (IT) or telecommunications systems and/or equipment.
For the GS-12, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service, or comparable in difficulty and responsibility to GS-11 if outside the Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience conducting pre and post award functions for contracts involving Information Technology (IT) or telecommunications systems and/or equipment.
Candidates must describe how their experience meets the specialized experience requirement within the body of their resume.
Qualifications must be met within 30 days after the closing date of this announcement.
This notice is issued under the Expedited-Hiring Authority (EHA). Using Office of Personnel Management (OPM) approved government-wide direct hire authorities, agencies may appoint candidates directly to jobs, without regard to the provisions of Title 5 U.S.C. 3309 through 3318, for which OPM determines that there is a severe shortage of candidates or a critical hiring need.
**Education may be substituted for specialized experience at the GS-9 grade level. Substitution of education for the specialized experience requirement at the GS-09 grade level: Two full years of progressively higher level graduate education, or Master's or equivalent graduate degree such as LL.B. or J.D., may be substituted to meet the experience requirement.
SUBSTITUTION OF EDUCATION FOR EXPERIENCE AT GS-11 LEVEL: Three full years of progressively higher level graduate education or Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree.**
If using education to qualify for this position you will need to submit a copy of your unofficial/official transcripts. Failure to provide this documentation will result in objection to your qualifications, and removal from consideration. You will be required to submit a copy of your official college transcript if you are selected.
- A two-year probationary or trial period may be required.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Moving costs may be paid--however--moving costs must be paid if a DISA employee is selected for the position.
- Recruitment, relocation, or retention incentives may be authorized.
- This is a covered position and the person selected for this position must complete an OGE Form 450, Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment pursuant to 5 CFR 2634.903(b) (DoD 5500.7).
- Individuals tentatively selected for testing designated positions at the Defense Information Systems Agency will be required to submit to urinalysis for illegal drugs prior to appointment or placement.
- Management has the prerogative to select at either grade level.
- This recruitment provides promotion opportunity to target position without further competition when selectee is eligible and recommended by management. However promotion is not guaranteed and no promise of a promotion is implied.
- This is a DISA acquisition workforce DAWIA position in the Contracting career field. Selectee must be LEVEL II certified (or eligible for certification within 24 months of appointment) in the Contracting career field.
- DAWIA certification is a condition of employment. Failure to fulfill the certification requirement may lead to a non-disciplinary adverse action, which can include dismissal.
- For more information on veterans' preference click here.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (to verify your registration status click here).
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) policy on employment of annuitants issued March 18, 2004 will be used in determining eligibility of annuitants. http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/1400.25-V300.pdf
- This position is subject to the limitations imposed by the DOD Priority Placement Program. .
- You may submit a cover letter which will be forwarded to the selecting official with your resume. Your cover letter will not be used to verify your qualifications or eligibility.
- Veterans Preference: Veterans preference does not apply under this Expedited-Hiring Authority. This notice is issued under the expedited-hire authority. Using Office of Personnel Management (OPM) approved government-wide direct hire authorities, agencies may appoint candidates directly to jobs, without regard to the provisions of Title 5 U.S.C. 3309 through 3318, for which OPM determines that there is a severe shortage of candidates or a critical hiring need.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
FOR THIS JOB ANNOUNCEMENT THE FOLLOWING SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED AS THEY APPLY STATED BELOW AND MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE CLOSE OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT.
- Transcripts - This position has positive education requirements; you must submit all of your transcripts. The absence of this information will result in an ineligible rating.
- ICTAP Eligible - A copy of the RIF separation notice and SF50 if available.
- Military Spouse Preference - Copy of spousal travel orders providing eligibility.
Your complete Application Package (containing the above required documents) must be received no later than 11:59 pm Eastern Time on 07/19/2018
WARNING: Failure to submit a complete application package including any required documentation by the07/19/2018 of the announcement at 11:59 EST, or at the time of application for announcements with an extended closing date, may result in an ineligible rating and loss of consideration. To verify that your application is complete, log into your USAJOBS account, select Application Status and More Information. The Details page will display the status of your application. It is the applicant's responsibility to verify that information entered, or uploaded is received, legible, and accurate. HR will not modify answers submitted by an applicant.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package. See required documents below. 1. Your Resume NOTE: Your resume must include the following information for each job listed: Job title; duties (be as detailed as possible); month & year start/end dates (e.g. June 2007 to April 2008); and full- time or part-time status (include hours worked per week). 2. A complete Assessment Questionnaire. 3. Other required supporting documents: (SEE BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION ON REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS) 4. If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application
Click 'Apply Online' to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. 1. Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire and upload required documents. 2. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button to submit your application. 3. Check application status by logging into your USAJOBS account, clicking Application Status, then More Information for this position. Return to an incomplete application by logging into your USAJOBS account and clicking Update Application in the vacancy announcement. You must re-select your resume and other documents from your USAJOBS account or your application will be incomplete.
If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
Agency contact information
DISA - FEC/PROCUREMENT SERVICES DIRECTORATE 2300 East Drive Bldg 3600 Scott AFB, IL US
Learn more about this agency
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. Based upon your score, you may be referred to the hiring official. If your name is referred to the hiring official, you may be contacted directly by that office for a possible interview. You will receive notice via email or by mail, if no email address was provided by you during the application process, once this process is completed (generally 4-6 weeks).
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504921100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 07/13/2018 to 07/19/2018
Salary: $56,233 to $106,012 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 9 - 12
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent