C&J Energy HR Regional Manager in El Reno, Oklahoma
Under the direction of the Director of HR, the HR Regional Manager provides counsel to regional and district management, reporting on matters related to Human Resources policy and procedure implementation and interpretation; statutory employment law compliance; compensation analysis; organizational development; employment practices; wage and hour issues and employee disciplinary actions. Also participates in District level strategic manpower planning; training; and occupational health, safety and security. Assists managers and Recruiting personnel with recruiting initiatives and is involved in all phases of the employment process. Manages, develops and trains HR Generalist within their Region.
- Extensive understanding of Federal employment statutes including Title VII and the Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Laws; and state employment and wage and hour laws.
- Experience with the administration of exempt, non-exempt, and hourly compensation and incentive systems.
- Experience with organization and management development concepts and systems including training program development and implementation, organizational assessment, and productivity improvement.
- Extensive experience with recruiting, screening and hiring protocols regarding hourly, administrative and management employees; and DOT covered employees
- Knowledge of employee communications media
- Ability to create and conduct presentations to employee groups and clients
An understanding and working knowledge of basic management concepts, including:
- Goal Setting
- Employee Selection
- Organization Development
Working knowledge of the Oilfield servicing industry along with related employment terms and practices preferred
- Pass the company's drug screen.
- Motor vehicle record qualifies individual to be an approved company driver.
- Acceptable criminal history.
- Above average to advanced ability to read, write and speak English and to understand verbal and written instructions as well as give verbal and written instructions in English; and the ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Should have a Bachelor's degree in human resource management, business administration, psychology, or related field with at least three years of progressive HR Management experience.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Company reserves the right to substitute experience in lieu of the degree.
- Must have extensive PC computer experience with the Microsoft Office applications; have advanced user knowledge of computer network systems and email systems; must be proficient with the use of such systems and equipment from remote sites while traveling.
- In addition to the essential functions stated in the Requirements, the essential function of this position includes the following.
- Provides training and guidance to local Human Resources Generalist, District Managers, PSL Managers, Operations Superintendents/Managers, and administrative staff regarding compliance with HR policies and procedures in the areas of: recruiting, lawful screening process, hiring practices, personnel file maintenance, LOA procedures, COS, written employment and termination documentation.
- Initiates investigations and reports findings to the HR Director - Compliance and Director of HR Business Operations regarding C&J Hotline Calls and internal/external allegations including, but not limited to: harassment/sexual harassment allegations, theft, unlawful and/or disparate employment practices.
- Administers organization surveys to identify Company strengths and opportunities for improvement
- Implements and monitors programs and practices designed to reduce turnover/increase retention
- Assists Regional Managers, District Managers, PSL Managers, Operations Superintendents/Managers and Management Support in preparing short and long range staffing projections and executing plans to meet those needs.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of Company's Human Resources Policies and Procedures, including personnel record keeping, timekeeping and payroll practices.
- Disseminates Company Human Resource Policies and Procedures generated by the Corporate Legal Department and or the Director of HR.
- With the HR Director's approval, initiate District level initiatives to facilitate the dissemination of those policies.
- Monitors administrative compliance with Company directives
- Ensures compliance with Company approved time keeping and payroll practices
- Participates in accident review boards for the purpose of ensuring that the employees are treated equitably and that all HR related issues have been addressed and evaluated
- Performs and assumes other duties and responsibilities as may be required by immediate supervisor
- Generates correspondence to district employees, including letter & e-mails acknowledging special achievements, reprimands, and terminations.
- Performs the primary thinking called for and encompassed by the overall position definition.
- Adheres to Company policies and work requirements.
- Conducts annual review of Position Definition and updates as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled