nfrastructure Senior Project Manager in Clifton Park, New York
Let’s Work Together
Senior Project Manager
This position is based in
LIFE at nfrastructure
At nfrastructure, we understand that our success results from our diverse workforce. nfrastructure nployees relish challenging projects working alongside technology’s best and the brightest. Our team members enjoy the freedom and support they receive to help our customers solve problems and capitalize on opportunities. Our work environments are designed to foster collaboration, creativity, excitement and success. We are a high-growth organization that counts many of the world’s most admired brands as customers. nfrastructure is a CRN Triple Crown winner, a member of the Fast Growth 150, Tech Elite 250 and Solution Provider 500, Inc.’s Build 100 List of Sustained-Growth Companies, Inc.’s 500|5000 list, and are recognized as both a Times Union Top Workplace and a Best Company to Work for in New York State.
The role: Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager‘s role is to plan, manage, and execute multiple project initiatives that create and sustain comprehensive solutions to deliver a world-class customer experience. These deliverables are managed from initiation to project close-out to ensure the quality of deliverables and timely completion. The role reports within the Program Management Office andoversees a portfolio of large, high-budget customer projects by managing the day to day operational activities across various internal functional departments within nfrastructure. These projects generally include those that are in a solutioned state / pre-start-up mode, pre-implementation phase or are in progress (either in transition or steady-state). This role ensures projects align with the business strategy and deliver on time, boosting productivity and scalability while improving profitability.__
- Manage the day to day operational activities of large-scale, high budget projects across various internal functional departments within nfrastructure.
- Responsible for a successful delivery in a matrix resource environment for all of the project deliverables.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders, including the customer project manager, through regular and proactively scheduled meetings.
- Manage project activities through the effective use of project management principles and the specific methodologies adopted by the PMI and nfrastructure to achieve timely project completion and meet the defined project business objectives.
- Develop and execute project plans for major nfrastructure initiatives, in a matrix capacity with project team members throughout the organization.
- Present recommendations for effective consensus decision making, taking into consideration risk analysis and impact assessment for project milestones.
- Develop project resource and cost estimates.
- Monitor actual project expenditures against project estimates and budgets.
- Provide accurate and timely budget reporting.
- Meet or exceed project budget profit targets.
- Maintain effective communication and coordination with the project sponsor/business owner to ensure that business objectives are met and any changes are clearly communicated.
- Communicate effectively with project team members, senior management and other managers whose staff are involved in projects.
- Conform to customer service level agreements (SLA’s) to ensure decreased liability and penalties for not meeting SLA requirements.
- Use advanced technical knowledge to perform and apply new technical procedures.
- Provide technical direction, guidance and support to Associate Project Managers and Project Coordinators.
- Lead and Manage teams of multi skilled resources to ensure goals and deliverables for the projects are being met and or exceeded
- Recommend and implement improvements to existing technical procedures based on understanding of new technologies.
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 10 years project management experience with at least three years managing large, complex IT projects which demonstrate a broad and deep understanding of complex business processes, multiple platforms and language technologies and financial management. A minimum of ten years of hands-on large-scale project management experience will be considered to replace the educational requirement.
- Proficient in Budget analysis and understands and has used standard PMI-based financial formulas to analyze earned value
- Demonstrated track record for managing complex operational projects, including awareness of business activities.
- Demonstrated success at influencing people and initiating changes in business practice
- Proven experience effectively interacting with customers, including relationship building.
- Ability to work with customer management teams to provide status and set expectations to ensure project success.
- PMI member with expert skills using PMI methods in work products/project execution including change management, risk management, and issues management.
- Experience delivering presentations to customers as well as the nfrastructure management team
- Negotiation skills to achieve coordination and results.
- Ability to demonstrate clear understanding of managing all project phases
- Ability to effectively and proactively manage changes in project scope
- Experience and success in managing service level agreements with penalties
- Experience with, or managing projects with, field-based deliverables, and practical experience with concepts such as technician utilization, ticket backlog, and workload balancing
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to proactively develop and implement strategies that significantly mitigate risk
- Ability to work and adapt to change in a fast paced environment
- Proficient in MS Project, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Smartsheet and Outlook
- PMP certification or matriculating
- Experience with the concepts of Networking Fundamentals
- Experience with Microsoft Visio
nfrastructure partners with the world’s most admired brands to design, build, and operate infrastructure and applications for digital business. Our insight, execution, and results culture, world-class engineering talent, on-site technical service in every major market, tightly integrated high-availability remote support and our innovative, proprietary “nterprise” software platform delivers a highly differentiated value proposition for our customers and partners.
More information about nfrastructure can be found at www.nfrastructure.com
Apply for this job or another online today at https://nfrastructure.com/careers/latest-jobs.html
nfrastructure is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; women and minorities are encouraged to apply for positions.
Location: Clifton Park, NY
Department: Operations - PMO