EY Brand, Marketing & Communications Lead - Financial Services Organization (FSO) in Chicago, Illinois
Brand, Marketing & Communications Lead - Financial Services Organization (FSO)
Core Business Services
Requisition # CHI006WN
Post Date Mar 16, 2018
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
Join our Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) team and you will directly support and promote our brand and reputation. Through internal communications, public relations and corporate communications, you’ll provide a wide range of marketing and communications services to internal and external audiences. These include current and future clients, our current and future employees, alumni, regulators, the media and the communities within which we operate.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
As a Supervising Associate within the Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) function of EY’s Americas Financial Services Organization (FSO), a Region of more than 10,000 professionals in 80-plus offices, you will help strategically position the Firm’s distinctive brand and support marketing and communications activities in our Central Market Segment. This role will be part of the FSO BMC Market Segments team and based in Chicago, supporting multiple cities: Akron, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Des Moines, Detroit, Grand Rapids, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, St. Louis and Toledo.
Working closely with the market segment leadership and our business development professionals in the FSO Central Market Segment, you will play a crucial role in helping meet our BMC objectives and achieving revenue goals. Specifically, you will help in the implementation and evaluation of priority BMC programs within this geographic market segment, by leveraging brand activities developed globally; content developed by our FSO Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance, Wealth & Asset Management and Tax marketing teams; and internal communications outreach developed by our FSO Communications & Engagement team. You will play a key role with the distribution of thought leadership and marketing material, manage client events, as well as use digital marketing, social media, and media relations, to raise EY’s brand. You will work with the local market segment leaders to ensure these programs are effectively executed and be an advocate for what is relevant in the local market.
As a member of our Americas FSO BMC team, you will have the opportunity to directly support and promote EY’s brand, as well as, develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. This is how EY develops outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders and continues to play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities.
· Provide dedicated brand, marketing and communications support to the Central Market Segment
· Build relationships and become the go-to BMC resource for financial services in the Central Market Segment
· In collaboration with the market segment manager and business development, help strategize, plan and execute BMC activities that are in line with the Central Market Segment priorities
· Work closely with BMC colleagues in sector (Banking & Capital Markets, Insurance and Wealth & Asset Management), service line (Audit, Tax and Advisory), internal communications and branding roles to drive connectively between brand, marketing and communications programs and the Central market segment
· Focus on getting EY market insights into the local market
· Help to increase participation of Central Market Segment clients and targets in FSO activities (webcasts, conferences, roundtables)
· Collaborate with BMC Market Segment Leader and BMC Market Segment colleagues in other geographies to share ideas and leverage tools and programs
· Provide local support for affinity groups and corporate responsibility efforts
· Help drive the use of BMC tools and resources by EY professional in the local geography (Yammer, SharePoint and CRM systems)
· Ensure compliance with Firm protocols and processes
· Proactively share leading BMC practices
· Some travel may be required (within the Central market segment locations as well as to NYC)
To qualify, candidates must have:
Demonstratedtrack record of developing and implementing marketing and communication programs – ideally within a large, global, matrix organization; exposure to sales process a plus
Understanding of advanced marketing and communication principles and preferably, exposure to financial industry marketplace issues
Strong attention to detail and project management skills, as well as proficiency at effectively managing multiple complex and deadline driven projects
Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including networking skills in a wide range of situations and with people at all levels within the organization
Proven talent at building relationships and influencing without authority to produce results and outcomes
Competent at judging when to seek help, or raise potential problem areas to the next level of supervision
Innovative relative to creating new efficient and effective approaches including digital solutions
· Proficient with software programs such as MS Office Suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) and confident using technology to utilize resources and leading practice
· A strong team player and lateral thinker, who is comfortable working collaboratively, virtually and independently
· As a portion of this role involves creating time-sensitive materials for clients (internal and external) and programs in a fast-paced environment, efficient time management and prioritization skills are essential and extended hours are often required
· A minimum of 4-7 years of marketing and communications experience, with financial services industry and/or professional services experience preferred
· A Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a marketing or communications major
Ernst & Young LLP, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.