Harvard University Administrative Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts
44610BRAuto req ID:44610BRJob Code:361060 Administrative Manager Location:USA - MA - Boston Business Title:Senior Director, Content Production, HBXSalary Grade:060Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Basic Qualifications:• 15+ years of proven leadership experienceAdditional Qualifications:
• Significant project management leadership and familiarity with tools and best practices
• Accomplished innovator in bringing products to market, preferably from the “physical world” to the digital one
• Experience refining and scaling processes in a high growth environment
• Knowledge of the on-line learning ecosystem including products, opportunities, competition, and trends.
• Strong sense of ownership and dedication to accomplish goals and succeed
• Consistent track record of meeting or exceeding target goals.
• Proven track record in organizing and managing cross-functional teams (design, engineering, content, operations, customer service, marketing and business) to solve complex problems.
Additional Information:Interviews will begin on February 1st.
Cover Letter is Required.
Follow us on Twitter - @HBSJobs
Harvard Business School is unable to offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity.
Explore HBS Work Culture at http://www.hbs.edu/employment/ and learn about other Employment Opportunities.Department:HBXPre-Employment Screening:Credit, IdentityJob Function:General Administration Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Director, and serving as a member of HBX’s Senior Management Team, the Senior Director, Content Production is responsible for ensuring HBX creates world-class online courses and content marketing. The Senior Director oversees creative services, course development, pedagogical design and research, and course production.
• Leads a team of approximately 20 people (number will vary based on projects in development) that encompasses all aspects of course development – faculty interface, course design, creative design and production, and course production with an emphasis on integrating efforts to ensure budget and delivery expectations are met
• In conjunction with Executive Director, conducts initial onboarding of faculty who will be working with HBX, setting their expectations, and orienting them to HBX processes, work guidelines, and timeframes
• Working with the Executive Director and Senior Associate Dean, oversees the evolution of HBX’s pedagogy and course production standards, ensuring that all products in the HBX portfolio follow internal best practices; ensures that HBX remains at the cutting edge of online course design, incorporating evolving research and practice into HBX guidelines
• As required, oversees creative team work to develop, in conjunction with production management and marketing teams, effective marketing materials that promote HBX products and the HBX brand
• Works across the HBX organization in coordination with the rest of the senior management team to ensure development of innovative, customer-centric products that exceed expectations and provide world-class learning experiences
• Interfaces directly with faculty to ensure the development of a quality participant experience while meeting budget, timeline, and mission-related goals
• Establishes a research and development approach to capture organizational learnings and integrate them back into existing product lines, working closely with the Managing Director of Marketing and Product Management to set priorities and establish processes
• Develops, empowers, manages and coaches teams to reach potential. Develops an environment that fosters innovation and a high quality of service. Sets operational goals and key performance indicators to measure and continuously improve team performance and results.
• With the rest of the senior management team, contributes to the overall strategy development of HBX
• As part of the larger Harvard University online education community, develops and maintains productive relationships with Harvard X, DCE, and others as appropriate
• Takes on special assignments as needed to mature and grow the organization
School/Unit:Harvard Business School EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.