Baxter Sr.Maintenance technician-Facility (1st shift) in Bloomington, Indiana
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing, monitor, and perform preventative maintenance procedures.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical/mechanical equipment failures.
- Review and track equipment component failures (example, chillers, water towers, steam generators, HVAC, etc.) and help make recommendations for increased long term reliability.
- Maintain appropriate equipment documentation and change control according to internal procedures.
Assist in the installation and startup of new equipment.
Qualifications for this role
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Detailed knowledge of mechanical, electrical and fluid power systems. Physical / Safety Requirements:
- Must be able to lift, push/pull, and carry up to 50 pounds
- May be required to stand for over 4 hours per day
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds overhead
- Must be able to wear personal protective as required.
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment and hand tools is required
Education and Experience * High school diploma or GED required. * Minimum 5 years maintenance experience. * Refrigeration experience a plus. A Career That Matters
Baxter’s employees are united in a mission to save and sustain lives. We are passionate about applying scientific innovation to meet the needs of the millions of people worldwide who depend on our medically necessary therapies and technologies. We focus on increasing access to healthcare, innovating in crucial areas of unmet need, and pursuing creative collaborations that bring our mission to life for patients every day.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law EEO is the law - Poster Supplement Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Organization: *Global Operations - Manufacturing
Title: Sr.Maintenance technician-Facility (1st shift)
Requisition ID: 180003WX