Black & Veatch Structural Designer (Telecom) in Bangkok, Thailand
Structural Designer (Telecom)
Under close supervision, performs engineering technician work requiring basic technical knowledge utilizing electronic applications, processes, standards and document control processes/procedures for the purpose of creating or modifying deliverables.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures that deliverables are accurate and compliant by continually developing knowledge of the B&V Quality Program.
• Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts.
• Broadens knowledge of the applications required to modify and develop less complex deliverables based on a variety of design inputs.
• May assist with minor computations such as material quantity estimates and dimensional checks.
• May assist in coordinating deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors.
• High Vocational Certificate or Bachelor’s Degree. Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
• Typically a minimum of 1 year related work experience
• Proficiency in AutoCAD is preferred
• Experience in using 3-D modeling design software is an advantage
• Organizing and coordination skills
• Good command of written and spoken English
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Non-Technical: Learning on the Fly, Problem Solving, Perseverance, Patience, Time Management, Drive for Results, Self Development, Customer Focus, Listening,Informing. Technical: Intermediate knowledge of Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD) or other applications or design or modeling skills. Basic knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and B&V policies and procedures. Basic industry knowledge and technology trends. Basic knowledge of company quality program. Basic ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please clickhere. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please clickhereandhere.