Applied Materials Statistical Process Control Analyst - (B3) in Austin, Texas
Requires in-depth knowledge and experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Analyzes business requirements, converts requirements to functional and technical specifications, and designs cross functional solutions to meet complex business requirements. Participated in new technology evaluations
Perform and document software application configuration and/or coding, prepare and execute testing (unit, integration, performance, acceptance) and data conversions using standard tools and following established processes and guidelines. May supervise work of contract developers. Perform Quality assurance
Monitors specific IT systems or set of systems for availability, performance and capabilities and reports anomalies through predefined process. Participate in evaluation and recommendation of patches, point releases, major upgrades and new systems.
Provides and/or oversees support services to GIS customers for specific IT service or set of services. Adheres to service management processes and procedures to meet customer service level agreements and maintain customer satisfaction. Completes root cause analysis of outages or incident trends (often working with managed services partner). Recommends preventative actions
Plan and manage projects to ensure effective and efficient execution in line with established processes and guidelines and guardrails of scope, timeline, budget and quality
Mentors and trains team members in product functionality, development and testing guidelines, tools, and methodologies
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Must have skills:
7 to 10 years experience in Quality Management functions with specialization in Statistical Process Control Tools like statistica, predisys or any other SPC tool.
Solution Designing and System Architect in Microsoft Web technologies.
Perform functional and gap analysis, mapping, prototyping, design, program specifications, system testing, system documentation and user training for SPC tools and other Quality management process funcitons.
Proficient in SharePoint 2010 and 2013 object Model.
Proficient in C#.Net, with good knowledge in Web Services.
Strong knowledge of .NET web framework, Microsoft IIS and AD.
Hands on Experience on SSIS and SSRS.
8.Experience in managing support teams & demonstrated strong troubleshooting skills to be able to identify and fix defects.
- Experience managing medium/large projects and global cross functional delivery teams and meeting the SLA targets.
Self-guided and motivated
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Primary Location: Texas-TX,Austin
Job Title: Statistical Process Control Analyst - (B3)
Job: Information Technology
Requisition ID: 1802325
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Posting Type: Internal / External
Relocation Package: No Relocation