Comcast Analyst 2, Finance & Accounting in Atlanta, Georgia
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Position is responsible for preparing and reviewing financial and
business case models for use in making individual sales
opportunity pricing and capital funding decisions in a timely manner.
Responsibility includes communicating to senior management the
financial details, risks, and other relevant factors associated with
specific business opportunities, as well as providing comprehensive
reporting on opportunities. Acts as a resource for colleagues and
sales teams with less experience in pricing and business modeling.
Position works with moderate guidance in own area of financial
knowledge to help support overall business objectives.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Must have excellent Excel skills as position will require data
manipulation and analysis. Also requires knowledge and
understanding of financial metrics and modeling parameters
such as Net Present Value, Internal Rate of Return, Free
Cash Flow, and others.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to incorporate
business requirements and create unique, financially
viable deal pricing.
- Must have good verbal and written communication
skills to effectively explain financial scenarios to
senior management teams as well as sales and
- Promote the adoption of and adherence to business
modeling guidelines, as well as resolve various financial,
modeling, and product issues as they arise in a timely
- Approves transactions, evaluates opportunities, and makes
recommendations regarding project progress and future business
- Analyzes and tracks key financial metrics and operational procedures
to foster process improvements.
- Performs analysis of financial statement accounts and specific
projects, as directed.
- Assists with the preparation of weekly, monthly, and annual financial
- Participates with the preparation of month and year-end processes by
reviewing actual vs. budget/forecast variances, reviewing financial
trends, and making recommendations for accruals.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Accounting, Finance
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer