Salesforce.com, Inc Marketing Cloud Architect in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Job CategoryCustomer Success Group
Job DetailsRole: Marketing Cloud Architect Location: Amsterdam
The Marketing Cloud Architect is a key member of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Professional Services' team. While the architects can be more technical of nature or more oriented towards requirements gathering (solutioning), an architect is always involved with the design and delivery of of solutions and technologies that meet client business goals and technical requirements.
A successful architect has strong requirements gathering and solution design experience and enjoys developing technical solutions and working directly with clients to meet their business needs. An ideal candidate works independently, thrives in an entrepreneurial atmosphere, communicates tactfully, and is able to effectively design, test, and deploy software solutions. In addition, while the more technically oriented architects enjoy more hands on with the platform, it is important to note that all architects are hands on with the solution.
Ideally, all architects engage clients as part of a project team, but on smaller assignments it is possible that the architect will work alone (often with a Project Manager) taking on a hybrid role. The architect must therefore be comfortable in taking on the role as Lead and therefore possess good consultancy skills or aspire to this.
The more technically inclined architects (TAs) are considered experienced technical subject matter experts within specific domains of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud applications and tools and must be able to articulately consult with clients on these. TA resources generally focus on one or more of the following domains: Data, scripting, API and/or integrations.
Responsibilities regardless of architectural orientation - Ability to create solution based on client requirements (e.g. data flows, journeys, etc.) - Clearly and articulately document solutions (incl. artefacts like code samples, screenshots etc.) - Present high-level overviews of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud architecture and integration capabilities - Identify project issues / risks and present alternatives to alleviate or resolve - Conduct solutions testing and validation - Travel to client sites for onsite discovery and solutions presentations. Not expected to exceed 25% - 50% throughout the year, but differs per engagement.
Responsibilities typically associated with the solutioning orientation
- Create, manage and present an actionable BRD/FSD (Blueprint) that aligns a client’s business needs to that of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud solutions
- Managing multiple client engagements and work with associated team members
- Lead consultative engagements with clients on the technical and business challenges related to their digital marketing initiatives
Responsibilities typically associated with the technical orientation
- Validate technical design and solution
- Ability to scope, define and manage work packages. The TA will potentially be implementing work packages or managing work packages to be built by other team members or teams.
- Provide technical consultation on Salesforce Marketing Cloud tool set and solutions
- Develop specialties in Salesforce Marketing Cloud data management, scripting languages, API, and/or integrations
- Execute advanced configuration/development activities per assigned work orders
- Serve as a technical liaison to product teams to support custom and/or atypical initiatives
Important to note, however, that solution architects often grow by taking on more technical capabilities like learning AMPscript and Technical Architects sometimes like to have a more leading role in the design of the solution.
Requirements related to Solution Architect
- Experience with product positioning leveraging feature to benefit analysis
- Understanding of sales process and methodologies
- Excellent strategic & technical thinking
- Ability to consultatively engage with customers and to quickly make complex decisions
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Experience leading customer facing discussions
- Experience with web-based On-Demand software solutions
- Familiarity with data architecture/schema
- An understanding of Server Side Scripting techniques and applications
- An understanding of RDBMS and PL/SQL
- An understanding leveraging WebServices - SOAP and REST APIs
- An understanding of object oriented programming and design with .NET, Java, and/or PHP is preferred
- BRD and FSD documentation creation
- eMail Marketing experience preferred
- Exposure to Internet Marketing tools / strategies preferred
Requirements related to Technical Architect
- Proficient developing SQL and experience with a RDBMS such as MS SQL Server (preferable), MySQL or Oracle.
- Experience with at least 2 client side programming languages such as .NET (C# or VB), JAVA, PHP, Ruby, C++, Visual Basic, Python
- Experience working with APIs – preferably SOAP and REST based APIs
- Experience with server side web development design languages, scripting tools, and protocols such as HTTP, CSS, XSLT, AJAX, JQuery
- Experience working with 1 or more modern integrated development environments (i.e. MS Visual Studio, NetBeans, Eclipse or others)
- Experience working with visualization software applications such as MS Visio
- Experience in building stored procedures and reports. Ideally has a command of SSRS and SSIS. Ability to performance optimization techniques and has a good grasp of data architecture.
- Good level of documentation. Ability to scope, define and manage work packages.
- Familiarity with SDLC methodologies including requirements, design, implementation, testing and maintenance
- Familiarity with systems integrations such as CRM, Content Management, POS/Commerce, or Web Analytics preferred
- Familiarity with security standards such as TLS, SSL, data encryption preferred
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world’s #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas—a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as- you-go business model and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes World’s Most Innovative Company five years in a row and one of Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for “family”) made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, the World's Most Innovative Company according to Forbes, and one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For six years running. The growth, innovation, and Aloha spirit of Salesforce are driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers while also finding time to give back through our 1/1/1 model, which leverages 1% of our time, equity, and product to improve communities around the world. Salesforce is a team sport, and we play to win. Join us!