Shire Global marketing lead Cuvitru in Zug, Switzerland
This person serves as the driver of the execution on personal (anything going through a customer facing team) promotion across the globe for our newest launch brand, CUVITRU. The scope of responsibilities include contributing to the strategic plan and owing a portion of the development of the plan to ensuring the global strategy is pulled through at a country level. The role requires a person who is a student of the CUVITRU label and has the learning agility to understand it inside and out, along with being the owner of the message development and message pull through. The role requires an individual that has strong cross functional skills and the ability to build relationships quickly to drive the development of key execution elements including but not limited to the branded campaigns, and message development. The individual will be responsible for the development of all materials and ensuring that they are a brand champion and keep the integrity and consistency of the brand across the globe. Excellent skills in influencing as well as in line experience are needed, Strategic thinking and creative problem solving are essential for this person to be able to work both inside and outside the organization to effectively be able to show results. The person in the role should have the ability to understand market trends, financial data, and customer needs along with the assessment of competitive intelligence data. This person should be a leader all work-streams that have CUVITRU Personal Promotion at the center. In addition, this role will:
• Collaborate with countries in order to have effective roll out of campaigns and all materials. It is expected that the individual have the ability to listen to local intelligence in order to gain the necessary buy in at the country level on each imitative that he or she executes upon. Responsible for the pull through of all materials in their scope at a country level.
• Develop strong partnership with market research in order to provide sound input to the IG Demand Study and be the representative for CUVITRU so we better understand our demand across the global to inform future launches .
• Lead geographic expansion initiatives and business cases to drive top-line growth for CUVITRU and the organization as a whole based on framework developed.
• Accountable for the tactical planning process for all elements associated with CUVITRU Personal Promotion. This includes existing tactics along with generating a process to push the team for big ideas to own in the brand plan that will help to differentiate CUVITRU across the globe.
• Own agency relationships and agency performance for all tactics that are being executed. Responsible for conducting agency check-ins on performance updates on at least a quarterly basis and ensuring that feedback is given on a timely basis.
• Own budget tracking for all marketing spend and must be at +/- 5% of commitment on a quarterly basis (or cadence determined by finance)
• Ensure that all compliance guidelines are instituted on each material developed and the appropriate process is followed without exception as noted in Shire’s Code of Ethics
Education and Experience
• Demonstrated success and outcomes in cross-functional leadership roles in pharmaceutical development and / or commercialization
• Track record of strong strategic thinking, coupled with effective implementation.
• Agility to operate in a global environment with a demonstrated knowledge of key markets, in particular US, EU, LatAm
• Ability to convert strategy to action. Strong skills and knowledge in areas of pricing, reimbursement and creative product/program development.
• Strong business acumen and demonstrated leadership in driving business objectives in a matrixed environment.
• Experience in driving differentiation and an expert knowledge of marketing fundamentals
• Proven ability to develop a business case and flexibility to think in different scenarios
• MS/BS in science or business required; Advanced degree a plus
• Minimum 8 years progressive marketing experience with demonstrated record of success in driving new product sales
Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We strive to develop best-in-class products, many of which are available in more than 100 countries, across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Ophthalmics, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal/Internal Medicine/Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; and a growing franchise in Oncology.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.