Catholic Community Services of Southern Arizona, I Kitchen Helper - PT in Yuma, Arizona
As a condition of employment, all CCS employees are required to qualify for an Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
Prepare, package and serve meals for Yuma Senior Nutrition Program, responsible for clean up of the kitchen and kitchen utensils, performs other duties for the elderly and disabled participants of the Congregate and Home Delivered Meals Programs. Position may from time to time be stressful and require a high demand of performance. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Assists in the preparation of a variety of foods served for daily meals, i.e., breakfast and lunch.
- Helps in setting up serving lines, serves and packages food and helps in serving line clean-up
- Follows guidelines for portion control, servings, and health department codes
- Puts food away properly when finished serving all participants
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness of working utensils, food service area and kitchen
- Substitute for driver in the Home Delivered Meals Program
- Practice good working relationships with participants, other staff, volunteers and city staff
- Receive, document, and put away food and supply orders
- May drive agency or personal vehicle on company business
- May perform other duties as assigned
Suitable work experience may be considered as transferable skills in order to meet minimum requirements of the position, and will be considered by the Corporate Director of Human Resources.
- High School / GED or experience
- Obtain State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Ability to obtain Food Handler's permit, First Aid and CPR Certification or obtain within 30 days of hire
- Valid Arizona Driver License, proof of insurance and Arizona Motor Vehicle Division 39 month Motor Vehicle Report
- Ability to stoop, climb, bend, and reach
- Required to lift 10lbs. 20%
- Additional years of directly related experience
- Bilingual English/Spanish, verbal and written
The above statement reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Location: Senior Nutrition Program - Yuma, Arizona
Status: Non-Exempt - Part Time
Salary: 8.05-$10.06/hr; Depending on experience- Part Time – 25 hours per week
Open: Sep 14, 2016
Closing Date: Open until filled