Catholic Community Services of Southern Arizona, I Certified Nursing Assistant - Temporary in Yuma, Arizona
As a condition of employment, all CCS employees are required to qualify for an Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
Provides quality nursing care to elderly or disabled adults within the scope of work of a CNA. Assist with daily living activities in a daytime non-residential facility. Assist with meals and supervised activities. Models proper nutrition, cleanliness, and socialization skills for the elderly, and disabled. Ability to work in a dynamic environment is important for program services and growth. Position may from time to time be stressful and require a high demand of performance. May perform other duties as assigned.
- Provides client personal care including bathing, skin care, hair care, oral hygiene, shaving, nail care only when applicable, as well as shaving and toileting.
- Maintains client stability by checking vital signs and weight; calculate and record fluid intake and output.
- Assists clients with transfers to and from wheelchair, or other assisted devices. Demonstrate proper use of gait belt when applicable.
- Provides client comfort by active listening, companionship, talking, utilizing resources and materials, providing emotional and social support, transporting patients and answering client requests.
- Observes and reports any signs/symptoms and changes in client's mental, physical, emotional condition or home situation to Program Coordinator in timely manner.
- Assists or provides activities of daily living by serving meals and assisting with feeding when necessary.
- Strives to maintain a safe environment for clients through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of appropriate relationships with clients.
- Completions of required documentation, such as forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Protects organization's value and client's privacy by maintaining client information confidential.
- Promotes and protects client's rights, assists client's to make informed decisions, and supports independent expression and choice.
- Reports suspected abuse or neglect to the Program Coordinator and appropriate authorities.
- Maintain compliance with contractual, professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and Arizona Board of Nursing standards.
- Provide a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members.
- Promote the client's mental alertness through involvement in activities of their interest.
- Prepare morning and/or afternoon snacks and meals according to planned menu and observing all related health Department and CACFP regulations and guidelines. Ensure that dishes are washed and kitchen is clean after each meal.
- Record CACFP meal counts, serve food according to guidelines and ensure CACFP program compliance.
- Assist in facility maintenance, including care and cleaning of indoor and outdoor space.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in staff meetings, client staffing, in-service and continuing education opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations; maintaining licensure.
- May drive agency or personal vehicle on company business.
- High School / GED
- Current Arizona CNA license
- Valid Arizona Driver License, proof of insurance and Arizona Motor Vehicle Division 39 month Motor Vehicle Report
- Ability to obtain CPR, First Aid, Food Handlers Card, and TB clearance
- Obtain State of Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Ability to stoop, climb, bend, and reach
- Required to lift 60lbs. 10%
- Additional years of directly related experience
- Bilingual, English / Spanish verbal and written
Location: Adult Day Health Care, Yuma Arizona
Status: Non-Exempt – Temporary - Part Time
Salary: $10.30 - $12.88/hr. – Depending on experience --Part Time 20 hours/week
Open: Jul 13, 2016
Closing Date: Open Until Filled