Washington State Registered Nurse 2 - LCC in Yacolt, Washington
Registered Nurse 2 (RN2) FULL-TIME Larch Corrections Center (LCC) Yacolt, WA
The Department of Corrections is seeking a highly motivated and qualified individual for the position of Registered Nurse 2 for the Larch Corrections Center (LCC) located in Yacolt, WA.
FULL-TIME SHIFT is 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday thru Friday
LARCH CORRECTIONS CENTER (LCC), is located about 25 minutes east of Vancouver, WA. It is a minimum custody work facility that houses 480 male offenders who work for the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) and Community Work Crew (CWC) that are managed by DOC. This facility offers offenders a wonderful opportunity to learn valuable forestry skills that serve them well upon return to the community.
The registered nurse delivers services which promote health, foster healing, and support coping and adjustment to various health conditions. Nursing services are provided to individual patients, their families, groups of patients, the staff employed at a correctional facility and to the public at large. The Registered Nurse 2 serves as a lead worker and supports the agency mission and vision by:
- Screening, assessing, and evaluating offenders and the conditions where they live and work to ensure that they are well, safe and their health care continuous.
- Responding to all other requests for health care attention in a complete, timely, clinically appropriate and therapeutic manner.
- Delegating and supervising work; monitoring, managing, coordinating, and delivering health care.
- Planning transition, making referrals and arranging follow-up when patients transfer or return to the community.
- Assisting patients to improve their skill and ability to provide care for themselves and their family.
- Counseling, consulting, teaching, advising, and providing health information that improves quality of health services and/or enhances safety and security.
The vision of the Department is: We create environments in which all offenders learn to make choices that contribute to a safer society.
The mission of Health Services is: To provide necessary, comprehensive, quality health services and promote wellness in preparation for return to the community.
The ability to obtain a valid Washington State license to practice as a Registered Nurse prior to employment.
Graduation from an accredited school of professional nursing AND
One year experience working as a Registered Nurse.
* Note: Must have initial and continuous unblemished/unrestricted licensure as a Registered Nurse.*
'The mission of DOC is to improve public safety.'
For additional information about the agency, please visit www.doc.wa.gov.
- Please include a minimum of three professional references with your application. A professional reference is defined as an individual who has been paid to supervise your work and can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job competencies. If you do not have any or sufficient professional references, please include non-related professionals, such as educators or other professional associates.
- All DOC employees are fingerprinted for a criminal history background check.
- Employees work with offenders in a potentially hazardous setting. Please consider this when deciding whether to apply.
- We are committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol free work environment, and our employees are expected to comply with all state and federal laws. A pre-employment drug test may be administered as part of the selection process, and applicants who test positive for any controlled substances, including marijuana, will be disqualified from consideration.
- Animal care projects are a common component of most Washington State prisons, including dog and cat programs. Applicants with animal sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Tuberculosis is a priority health issue for DOC employees. The successful candidate may be required to provide valid proof of a baseline TB skin test within 60 days from the date of hire. When positive tests result, further information, testing and treatment may also be required. Employment is not contingent upon test results.
- This position is included in a Union Shop and employees will be required to become members within thirty (30) days of employment.
We are committed to hiring individuals who possess core diversity competencies:
- Foster a positive attitude and openness toward the ever changing social and cultural makeup of the workplace.
- Work effectively with men and women of different perspectives, abilities, disabilities, races, religions, ages, lifestyle preferences and social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Respectfully acknowledge people's differences and recognize these differences as important and valuable.
- Promote inclusiveness.
- Be culturally sensitive and appropriate.
- Respect and value diverse backgrounds and traditions.
DOC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, genetic information, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability.
For questions about this recruitment, or to request reasonable accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call us at (360) 407-5741. For TTY service, please call the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6388.
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Job Number: 2016-LCC-RN2
Department: Dept. of Corrections
Closing: 10/31/2016 11:59 PM Pacific
Agency: State of Washington
Address: View Job Posting for Agency Information View Job Posting for Location, Washington, 98504.
Salary: $25.48 - $40.77 Hourly
Location: Clark County – Yacolt, WA