Quest Diagnostics Asst, Prep Lab - Wood Dale, IL in Wood Dale, Illinois
The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek an Asst, Prep Lab - Wood Dale, IL.
Schedule: Tuesday - Saturday (off Sun/Mon), 10am - 6:30pm, Day Shift
*Salary dependent upon experience
REQ # 3769015
- Picks up samples from accessioning and sorts samples into appropriate racks.
- Answers phone and directs calls appropriately
- Unpacks and stores reagents and supplies
- Inventories and orders warehouse supply items
- Sorts samples and distributes them to the appropriate setup hood. Manages specimen library within established time frames.
- Decontaminates work areas as designated.
- Performs waived tests under supervision 8. Seeks specimens as needed
- Maintains work area in clean and organized condition.
- Follows all PPE requirements.
- Maintains designated laboratory equipment.
- Performs QA/QC duties as assigned (eyewash checks, temperature readings etc...)
- Loads urines onto Atlas for urinalysis.
- Resolves unverified pending list for occult bloods and urinalysis.
- Inoculates appropriate microbiology media based on site given.
- Prepares samples for processing i.e. tissue grinders, centrifuging.
- Credits unacceptable / duplicate test requests, knows what sites and specimens are acceptable for testing.
- Places anaerobic culture plates in appropriate bags.
- Loads blood bottles into Bactec machine.
- Prints and separates worksheets.
- Puts culture plates in incubators.
- Prepares concentrates and trichrome slides for ova and parasites.
- Prepares samples for DNA probes.
- Prepares malaria smears.
- Prepares tubes for Giardia antigens and cryptosporidium EIA.
- Performs and finalizes occult blood results.
- Uses various laboratory computer systems for labeling, inquiry, crediting, and resulting as needed. 28. Disposes of biohazardous and chemical waste.
- Completes PAL forms appropriately.
- Provides input regarding procedures, training manual, and checklists.
- Assists with department quality and process improvement projects.
- Sets up media and supplies for assigned work area.
- Completes training checklists and competency testing appropriately.
- Discards specimens weekly.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education Preferred: High school diploma or equivalent
Work Experience: None required
Works occasional overtime, on-call, weekends and holidays as needed.
Must be accurate worker, detail-oriented
Must be flexible with respect to department scheduling needs.
Must be flexible to work in other departments as needed.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. All duties and requirements are essential job functions. ]
The applicant must be well organized, and able to multitask. They must be able to work alone without much supervision, and get along well with others.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
Job Title: Asst, Prep Lab - Wood Dale, IL
Job ID: 3769015
Location: 1355 Mittel Blvd
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
City: Wood Dale