Beacon Health Options MEMBER SERVICES REP in Wixom, Michigan
Beacon Health Options
MEMBER SERVICES REP
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled.
Position Location: MI - Wixom
AAP Reporting Location: MI- Wixom
Job Family: Customer Service
Functional Area: CUSTOMER SERVICE
FTE Status: Full time
Scheduled Weekly Work Hrs: 38
Workday Schedule: Weekdays Only
Workday Start Time: 8:30am
Workday End Time: 5:00pm
Variable Work Schedule:
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are currently seeking a dynamic full-time Member Service Representative to join our team at our office in Wixom, MI. The Member Service Representative will answer subscriber and provider questions about benefits, eligibility, claims and certification.
- Screen incoming subscriber and provider calls/inquiries and take data to initiate cases.
- Quote accurate benefit and policy information regarding inpatient and alternative levels of care.
- Handle complicated inquiries and educate providers/subscribers in the certification process and reconcile inconsistencies and procedural difficulties when necessary.
- Perform all data entry for case initiation and update and enter data into system for non-participating providers.
- Special projects and all other duties as assigned.
Education : Bachelors' degree in Social Work, Psychology or equivalent in a related health care field.
Licensure : N/A
Relevant Work Experience: A minimum of one year customer service experience or experience in the behavioral health care field. Strong customer service orientation and excellent written and verbal communication skills especially telephone service skills required. Excellent time management and organizational skills needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must demonstrate ability to quickly summarize telephone conversations and accurately input to a computer.
- Must demonstrate ability to maintain a professional demeanor during a crisis situation.
- All applicants will be required to demonstrate their customer service skills by participating in a test phone call simulation.